Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

lee clark

That would be Notts County. They have just signed, on loan, Rob Elliot from Charlton. He, who had a superb game in goal for Stortford against us at the beginning of the season, again on loan.

Lee Clarke? Can't see it.

Hi Magpie.

If it's Lee Charles, we don't know a great deal about him. He joined us from Weymouth in December and signed some form of 6 week contract to commit his future to The Saints. He only played two or three games for us and, according to our web-site, he has just been released by the Club.

He's 33 years old and, I believe, he has a number [11?] of England semi-pro caps. I think you will find that his longest spell was at Aldershot although he has played at Barnet, Hayes, Nuneaton, Yeading and Chertsey in his career.

If it's Lee Clarke, please let us know.

Good luck to you lot at County this season. We played at Edgerley Park in the F.A. Cup a couple of years ago. A good day out. Were you there?

That will be 150 guineas plus VAT. My invoice is in the post.

Always pleased to assist.

Hi Magpie.

I have picture of your manager, having received reports about the goal-scoring machine what is Lee Clarke from Stockport County's network of scouts, telephoning ours on the final day of the transfer deadline thingy. "This boy Lee", says your chap, "as he's on a contract, how about £2.5 million plus 50% of all future transfer fees?"

Our chap, a cool customer, spots an opportunity to bring in much-needed funds to Clarence Park and assumes that your bloke means England semi-pro star Lee Charles. He has to move fast as t'lads contract expires at midnight. "Make it £3 million and he's all yours".

"Done" says your player manager fellow.

Our bloke turns to the chap who used to drive the red tractor at our place and says "Get the paperwork done, Eamsie, wait for the bankers draft to clear and send Lee Charles up on the next train to Stockport."

Anyway Magpie. We have a very special feature in our matchday programme called "In conversation with..." where one of the Officials has a chat with one of the players. Eagerley awaited each week by the City faithful, as you can probably imagine. The most fascinating element of it each time is the player's favourite food, music and holiday destination. I keep each one in a scrapbook at home and if there is anything in this story, I'll happily look up Lee's three favourites if you like.

Having said that, I sometimes think that the players are 'avin a bit of a larf' with the Official concerned as each week its the same food [Chinese], music [usher] and holiday destination [benidorm].

Good luck to you err.. err... Hatters. Any chance of a recount of the attendance at Edgerley Park for that F.A. Cup match, Magpie? 3800 my backside. There were 6000 if there was one.

Oi Webbo.

It might be an idea to dig out the old draft press release and polish the thing. You know. The one that goes along the lines of .....a big club came in for the lad.....golden opportunity, richly deserved.... deeply disappointed....but couldn't possibly stand in the way of the boy's future career......he goes with our good wishes....the influx of funds will enable us to strengthen the squad as we push for a play-off berth.....etc. etc.

There's a bit of an aroma about this one.

Lap-dog.

Notts County? Are you certain, ASF? Well why didn't he say that at the start?

I did wonder at his pseudonym, actually. I thought he might be a music lover and a fan of Rossini. Perhaps a Stockport County fan who originates from, and always looks for the result of, Newcastle. Or Maidenhead. No chance of a belated further share of the gate monies from Edgerley Park if you're right.

It could be Derby if he is a closet Geordie.

I have to say that I would be very surprised if there is interest from a pro club in Lee 'Chirpy' Charles. Webbo is pretty definite that it is, mind, and he has friends in very high places.

If there is no news beforehand, you know what will seal it ASF? I'll tell you. This Saturday's matchday programme. No, not the Chairman's Notes bit. Specifically Hertsblue's "In conversation with..." page.

Do you know what little known fact links Spencer 'Leftie' Knight, Craig 'You may not think that I can score goals in the Ryman Premier League but watch me in the Conference' Mackail-Smith, Jay 'Sniffer' Murray, Mel Capleton and Martin Williams? It's a good job that one of us has a memory like an elephant ASF.

In a masterpiece of planning and forethought, or perhaps a remarkable co-incidence, they all featured "In conversation with..." Hertsblue in the matchday programme on the Saturday following their departure from the club. Irony, sense of humour, prescience or what, ASF? Kiss of death, more like it. Spooky?

It's a poisoned challice.

I shall get to t'Park early on Saturday to queue for my copy but I hope he hasn't featured Lee Clarke this week.

That would, indeed, be a toughie for a number of them Laz.

In the NLP, you say? They must have spotted the page in our programme and copied the innovative and refreshing idea. I wonder if Hertsblue could be pursuaded to include that question on the sheet of paper that he gives to our players to complete before compiling his page for the programme.

[Mine was 'The five people you meet in Heaven' by Mitch Ablom. Finished it at the week-end. It's different.]