Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bloody hell!!

7-1, 7-1, 7-1. 7-1, 7-1, 7-1. hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Inever new basildon were soooooo sh it. ilford beat them 7-1 today, my first ever non league game aswell! i might have to go more often if they play like this.

BE AFRAID ENFIELD, BE VERY AFRAID.

Our gaolie, paul daley, and the right winger Malcolm danni are wicked playersand they should be playing at a higher league.

i couldnt believe that they had match day programmes aswell- i thought they would cost too much. i was a bit dissappointed that there badge was different to my avatar though

Teams have to be afraid if Ilford can consistently produce that 7-1 form. So far this season they have drawn the other three league games they have played. If you are looking for the consistent thread here it would be that Ilford have a team which battles and gives as good as it gets (but also gets as good as it gives) and that the 7-1 is an aberration.

The other thing about crowing maybe too loudly about a single result is that ESL teams can change considerably between the start of the season and the end, sometimes more than once. Schadenfreude can come back to haunt you!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote matthew oliver:</font><hr />

blah blah blah blah blah.

<hr></blockquote>

Hmmm… a typical Matthew Oliver "I don't want to listen to anyone unless they agree with me" start.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote matthew oliver:</font><hr />

ilford looked pretty good to me an theyve got a good manager, so i dont see why they could start doing crap, and they have taken something from every game.

Maybe your just saying things can change so dramatically because its the only hope for your team!!!

<hr></blockquote>

You have already told us that the game on Saturday was your first non-League game. I went to a season's worth of ESL games last year and I am telling you that it can happen that teams in our league change drastically partway through the season. It isn't always for the worse — look at that mid-season spell Woodford Town had last year (4 wins in 6 games) — but you can't be certain that the team you start with is going to be the team you finish with.

Players at this level are far less likely to be on contracts and tied to their clubs and sometimes you find that when a manager goes to another team some (sometimes a lot) of his players follow him because they know him and like his style (they may only be playing for the team because of the manager). Sometimes there might be a reduction in the team's budget because survival is far more important at our level than actually winning anything and there isn't that much money around. You could also have a player just being fed up with someone at the club (such as the manager, chairman or another player) and being free to leave. There's all sorts of reasons.

It isn't Enfield Town's only hope that things change dramatically. They don't really need to be afraid of anyone except themselves. The players are good enough to win the ESL so long as they don't get complacent.

Ilford may have taken something from every game but, as I pointed out in my post, they have lost points in all their games except the last one. I would ask you how they played in those earlier games but you weren't there so you couldn't answer anyway. In any case, Ilford don't need to start "doing crap", they might just have an off day and get tonked by a team that seems to be able to do no wrong on that day.

Another thing, Ilford just have to carry on letting in an average of 1.75 goals per game (last season, which saw them finish 9th, their average was 1.63) and they are sure to drop enough points to miss out on the championship.

i didnt go blah blah blah because i didnt agree, i said it cos you waffled on for ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages and ages.....................................

untill eventually i got bored and couldnt be bothered to read any more because my contact lenses had dried out.

but anyway, i still think ilford have a good chance of going all the way, whatever statistics cyclops comes up with next.

Yawn

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz