Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not too many positives so far.

Having watched both games so far I have to say I can't take to many positives from them. On sat we hardly had a effort on goal (against a v poor team imho) and last night was similar, ok we hit the bar early on and their keeper made a good save but in truth we were well beaten and the 2-1 score flattered us and made the game look closer than it was. The 1st half performance was a improvement on Saturday but the second half was a huge step backwards.

I have every faith in Dave Carroll and I'm sure he'll get it right but the whole shape of the team looks lop-sided. I understand we are playing wing-backs but it doesn't seem to work, the guy on the right (Case??) looks quality and has probably been mom in both games so far but he appears to be the teams only attacking outlet, every time we got the ball we would knock it about for a few passes and then clip towards the corner for him to run onto, he did well to get to the ball time & time again but was always out-numbered by defenders and was given no options.

The guy on the Left (don't know his name) looks a good defender but is obviously not a wing-back so struggles to get forward and give the midfield options, one of the only times he did get forward was in the 90th minute when he got fouled and this led to the goal.

Granted we were not helped by the ref but I think it would be fair to say he was equally bad to both teams. The Goal at the end was comical as he waved play on waiting until about a millisecond before the Windsor player stuck the ball into the net before blowing for a Windsor free kick. This basically summed the bloke up, utterly clueless.

And finally what are all these short corners about?? Get the ball into the mixer and see what happens for god sake!

All in all disappointing so far but I'm sure the first win is just around the corner. As Mr Gegg said last night come 4.45pm on Monday we could have 7 points in the bag and everybody will be talking about promotion again! (insert gay smiley)

This was taken from the Worthing site match report

"The 2-1 score line was a more accurate description of the game. Better teams than Worthing will lose to this well-organized Windsor & Eton team"