Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Spurs swoop for Grzegorz Rasiak!!

Maldini66

Taken from Sky sports

Anyone know anything about him?

Tottenham's deadline-day spending continued deep into the night as Martin Jol sealed a late move for Derby forward Grzegorz Rasiak.

The London club had already brought in Jermaine Jenas and Lee Young-pyo, and Rasiak made it a treble boost on Wednesday evening.

The Polish star proved a major hit last term for The Rams as he inspired them to the cusp of promotion.

His displays led to widespread interest over the summer, with The Rams forced to fend off bids from Wolves, West Ham and Sunderland for his services.

However, a late, late offer from Spurs proved too tempting to resist as The Rams agreed a deal on deadline day.

Spur chief Martin Jol clearly feels Rasiak can compete with Mido for a striking spot alongside either Jermain Defoe or Robbie Keane in attack.

"Rasiak is a tall target man, a hard working, honest player with a good goalscoring record," Jol told the club's website. "He scored 45 goals in 103 games.

"He is a regular in the Polish international side which leads qualifying Group 6 just above England and he scored two against Israel in their recent 3-2 victory."

Jol does not believe Rasiak will be caught out by making the step up to The Premiership.

"A lot is said about making the step up from The Championship to The Premiership, but Ashton and Bent have shown that for good players it is not such a big step," he added. "I believe he will do well for us and that he will be an asset to the squad."

The Poland international joins Teemu Tainio, Paul Stalteri, Tom Huddlestone, Wayne Routledge, Aaron Lennon, Edgar Davids, Jenas and Lee in joining Spurs since last term.

Yeah, I saw Rasiak play on Monday for Derby against Watford.

He had a poor game and was subed after about 75 minutes. The reason he had a poor game was the Watford defence where brilliant(probably being biased)but you could see what a quality player he is.

I have seen him play before and he was awesome and I dont think that he will have a problem stepping up into the premiership.

I would say that he will probably prove a good signing for Spurs

I think it's been an interesting transfer window, I think Rasiak has to be the 4th striker anyway but now both Defoe and Mido have cover. The midfield worries me because there are too many players for central midfield and it's going to cause some player upset.

I think Lee Young-Pyo might turn out to be bargain of the transfer window at £1.35m. If he is any good that value will rise very quickly.

Rasiak is a quality player. A major reason why Derby did so well last season. Good in the air, great finisher.

Derby finshing in the play offs last season so are no fools.

Spurs have a habit of picking up good championship players (the way it should be) shame they missed out on Davis who went to WBA, although most good young championship defenders end up at the Lane.

Arsenal are good at picking up 4th choice keepers at relegation fodder clubs.

Who's Tim BTW Zeal?