Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Signing

The Directors are delighted to announce that Chris Kinnear has captured the signature of Bertie Brayley. Bertie joins us from Grays Athletic having previously spent time at West Ham and Swindon Town.

Bertie has signed a contract to the end of 2006/7 Season and at the age of 24 joins James Donovan 21, now also contracted to the Club, Hasim Deen 21, Osman Sesay 17 and Anthony Allman 24 as Chris Kinnear builds the side for next Seasons title challenge.

5 good signings, building a nucleus of a young side who, hopefully, will grow together in a strong winning side! Well done Chris. Tony you must be pleased that young Sesay has been signed on contract now!

Absolutely, but only if CK plays him in his rightful position of wing attack. Only then will we see the very best of him. Still his inclusion ANYWHERE is an asset i.m.o. Great to at last be moulding a team together for next season. Thats just what we want,players getting used to each other BEFORE next season. Now we are getting somewhere.

I too had thought that June.At least this time,for once,a couple of talented young players who can & will only get better are actually staying with us. Whoopee-do!

Seems the club have got their timing right again for good news.Friday or the day before a game seems to be their strategy. Still it does "pep" us up for the game & I suppose thats their aim. Maybe even get another 50 or more on the gate tomorrow because of the good news.

Interesting wording too in that the side is being built with intention of gaining the league title next year.

That leads me to think that we should remain patient for this season whilst the rebuilding is taking place, and perhaps should remain supportive of our management team and players whilst this occurs.

[color:"blue"]June, in light of the announcement (5 long-term signings with an average age of 21 years), perhaps it's time to reconsider your signature([color:"red"]Old age and treachery beat youth and enthusiasm every time.[color:"blue"]).

I agree with what you say June but by criticising the team & performances, game by game dosent mean we are any less supportive of the team than others.Its just chat about the game after the event.I really cant see the harm in this at all. We are merely giving our personal views on the game that we have just witnessed. No,sorry that dosent make criticisers any less supportive in any way.It may SOUND like it but in reality it isnt! But we have been through al this before havent we? Still its good news today and hopefully we can improve things because of it both on the pitch and with our summing up of games.

Bertie is a strong creative player, at his best playing just behind the strikers. Well done CK and the directors for snapping him up! Also good to see the other names signed up; a settled team is bound to bring more confidence and better results.

The bit about next season's title challenge has to be a response to this message board, where some people have been asking for honours this season. It shows that the club and management do take account of this forum, whatever they might like to admit.

AS far as i am aware this is the first press release since Sigere, detailing the length of contract, which is a positive, as we then get a feeling that we really are building for future,hopefully club can secure shirt sponsorship,and we have some idea of whats going on