Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 1-1 Braintree

Simon BTFC

Tight game - few chances for either side. 1st minute Nathan's gone close with a shot the keepers pushed round the corner.

Millard's saved well from Matt Joseph after a corner midway through the half. Nathan's had another good chance with a header from atight ablge that he's put over the bar.

Braintree took the lead on the stroke of half time - Ross lost possession on the right, first ball half cleared but Ofori reacted quickest to a high ball down the middle and scored with a good finish.

2nd half Braintree awarded a penalty early on - foul by Trott. Ref missed a clear shove on Macca in the build up though so justice was done when Millard pulled off a superb save.

They've done their usual trick of wasting as much time as possible but were undone when Matty Game smashed home a superb strike from the edge of the area in the last minute.

Millard, McSweeney (Bourne), Kerrigan, Sappleton, Trott, Game, Mustafa, Collins (Henty), Elder, Hockton, Wareham (Poole)

SNU: Drake, Brightley

To be fair on their keeper, I thought he did nothing in the time wasting department (unlike his predecessors)- It was the comical no.3 that stole the show!

But, and a big but that was a massive goal from Gamo. A very spirited performance against Saturdays. We looked very strong coming forward, but i too agree we seem to slow down once we get near the goal. Our game is suited to high tempo, so my only gripe is why do we play so narrow? There was an instance when Gamo was almost pleading for a winger to pass to, but they had been sucked back into the middle, and we tend to play like that. If we could get that part of our game going then I truly believe we would be a much stronger unit.

That said, it was a huge performance tonight, with a no. of players standing out. But, my mom simply goes to Millard, for saving the pen. At 2-0 it would have been game over.

Godd effort lads.