Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

initial thoughts

freefred

Once again speaking second hand as I freely admit that I am unable to travel to away matches, but having read Chris's match report and the official match report, I have to say it seems a little more positive. The only problem is, and once again I am only going on reports, it seems that we can not defend from throw ins. Team sounded more balanced with Hillaire up front, something I noted after the substitution at the Folkstone game. Have to say that I feel a Draw is a better result than what could have happened and may yet lead to another change in fortune for the better (PLEASE)

looking at the table i'm suprised there wasn't a Gate win

Maldon have a poorer goal difference compared to Margate's and they are lower down the league

it's the beginning of a crucial time for the Gate, their next three fixtures are Staines, Slough and Harrow

Staines will be the toughest and Gate will be hard pressed to get a point

and Slough and Harrow are in Gate's area of the table, so points must come in those games, i think 1 win and 1 draw is the absolute minimun Gate fans should be looking for

i think those two games might have a strong influence on Gate's final league position

totally agree with the need for wins but I will still take 1 point over giving an opponent 3. Hate to admit that it does sound that we should have taken 3 today. Open question to anyone who managed to go today, how does Paul Egan look as a keeper, Is he one for the future?