Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NORMAN FOWLER...CARE OF NLP

GazzaBTFC

A letter to the editor appeared in this Fridays NLP under the heading "Chelmsford Are Being Persecuted" (surely that should read "prosecuted"?

Now I wasn't at the game but a question. I was informed that members of the Essex FA were at the game. How on earth can there be a "kangaroo" court when all they have done is charge the club and certain members. All they have done is charged the offending parties. The hearing (and chance to defend against those charges) takes place this week.

And again, the ref gets the blame. Why? The ref took action which he thought was appropriate considering the incident. Whatever, if pushing and shoving was all it was, then what the hell happened to Martin?

And why is it all we hear from is how hard things are for Chelmsford. Both sets of players and staff took part in the incident. Both clubs will suffer. Braintree, from what I've seen, have only gone public through the local press. Their supporters on their forum have dealt with it quite even handedly (gosh, that makes me smart a bit, writing that).

One more point. I read all this but one seems to forget that Robbie Martin got away with a broken nose and cheekbone...Obviously administered by either

a) Another Braintree player

or

B) Harvey the invisible rabbit

if you believe the "innocence" being shouted from the roof tops by Chelmsford.

Both clubs will suffer, if both the clubs get punished. If the punishment includes being thrown out of the cmpetition next season, the competition will suffer as both clubs are big at this level and add to the prestige of the ESC (name one club that doesn't want to play and have the chance beating both Chelmsford and Braintree at the mo or in the future).

Jeez...I could go on. As much as I do respect both clubs and some of their supporters, Chelmsford do appear to be trying to off load all the responsibility on to either the ref or Braintree. Cold facts state that both clubs were involved therefore both clubs need to take responsibility.

All valid points Gazza - but think we just need to sit back now and await the result of the hearing (and both clubs to accept the punishments dished out). So many different versions of EXACTLY what went on, but hopefully the Essex FA representatives at the game, together with the officials, will tell the truth and justice will be done.