Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How many fans will Jeff take with him to Chelmsford?

If you missed it Ronin, i said that's your choice, just not my cup of tea to watch anyone else. I can understand and totally respect someone wanting to watch another team if we are not playing or there is nothing to do on a Tuesday night. It's just not for me.

My statements were all about going to watch Chelmsford. I do not agree with going to watch them unless Canvey are playing them there. I do not. The reference to the money going into Jeff's pocket was for the intention of humour as well as getting my point across.

Ronin, I feel that your comments were aimed towards me in a defensive way and if they were, then please read my thread again and you will realise that it was all about going to watch Chelmsford and my belief as a Canvey fan that we shouldn't put a foot near the place. Please tell me where i haven't made that clear because i feel that i have.

Your right that you can see any game that you want. I just dont agree with being a Canvey fan and going to watch Chelmsford. If you do, then yes, that is your right, but i will not agree with you for doing it. Should you be concerned if i dont agree with you doing that? No. But it is my right to think that it is wrong.

Quote:
chalky boy said:
If you missed it Ronin, i said that's your choice, just not my cup of tea to watch anyone else. I can understand and totally respect someone wanting to watch another team if we are not playing or there is nothing to do on a Tuesday night. It's just not for me.

My statements were all about going to watch Chelmsford. I do not agree with going to watch them unless Canvey are playing them there. I do not. The reference to the money going into Jeff's pocket was for the intention of humour as well as getting my point across.

Ronin, I feel that your comments were aimed towards me in a defensive way and if they were, then please read my thread again and you will realise that it was all about going to watch Chelmsford and my belief as a Canvey fan that we shouldn't put a foot near the place. Please tell me where i haven't made that clear because i feel that i have.

Your right that you can see any game that you want. I just dont agree with being a Canvey fan and going to watch Chelmsford. If you do, then yes, that is your right, but i will not agree with you for doing it. Should you be concerned if i dont agree with you doing that? No. But it is my right to think that it is wrong.

I think it boils down to the fact that you have a problem with the way Jeff King left the club, i don`t.

Yo Chalky Boy,must say i stand with you on this topic.

of course it is up to individuals as to who they support.

where they go etc,is most certainly up to them.

but for me?

NO, i wouldnt go to watch chelmsford,i also know what you mean about putting money into jeffs pocket.

as for having a problem?

well,why shouldnt a Canvey fan have a problem?

its like asking me to "support" Scotland.....

Your right Ronin. I do have a problem with him going there. I'm not boycotting the place because the burgers in the burger van taste like sh*t.

If your fine that someone left the club for another all because of money, then that's your choice. You and Jeff can put as much suger on top of the 'reasons' as to why he left, but i do not and will not believe them.

The way he left, you see it every day in top league football and i thought by supporting a team at this level, that it would be different. But i am disapointed that money was dangled in front of him and he left. His decision meant we had to drop 3 leagues.

I will support Canvey whatever league we are in but i am not happy about playing in the Ryman when we were consolidating in the Conference. Something that as a supporter of 13 years now, i had only dreamed about for most of those.

So, if your happy with that and haven't got a problem with it Ronin, i'm wondering what it would take as a Canvey fan for you to really get mad? Further Demotion? Going out of business? It doesn't much worse than what happened to us and the only reason is because he saved face by giving us the ground. Not moaning at that one but still not gonna kiss his ar*e after it either.

Quote:
chalky boy said:
Your right Ronin. I do have a problem with him going there. I'm not boycotting the place because the burgers in the burger van taste like sh*t.

If your fine that someone left the club for another all because of money, then that's your choice. You and Jeff can put as much suger on top of the 'reasons' as to why he left, but i do not and will not believe them.

The way he left, you see it every day in top league football and i thought by supporting a team at this level, that it would be different. But i am disapointed that money was dangled in front of him and he left. His decision meant we had to drop 3 leagues.

I will support Canvey whatever league we are in but i am not happy about playing in the Ryman when we were consolidating in the Conference. Something that as a supporter of 13 years now, i had only dreamed about for most of those.

So, if your happy with that and haven't got a problem with it Ronin, i'm wondering what it would take as a Canvey fan for you to really get mad? Further Demotion? Going out of business? It doesn't much worse than what happened to us and the only reason is because he saved face by giving us the ground. Not moaning at that one but still not gonna kiss his ar*e after it either.

Chalky i asked myself if in Jeff King`s situation i would continue to put money into a club which was not anywhere near breaking even let alone making a profit and was showing no signs of doing so in the near future and the answer was no, would you?

Our problems can`t have been a shock to any long term supporter, the money going out compared to what was coming in never added up but still as supporters we wanted better players so we could compete with the best, it was always going to come back and bite us one day.

Do you seriously think that Jeff King has gone to Chelmsford to earn money? I`m sure he could sit at home watching his bank balance rise without bothering if he was going to earn £x`s from managing a non-league football team. In my opinion he`s gone there because the Jeff King era of CIFC has gone as far as he could take it and Chelmsford offered him what he see`s as a way of proving himself again, it remains to be seen if he will do it.

As for things not getting any worse i think starting as AFC CIFC with no ground of our own is a lot worse than keeping the club alive at Park Lane and playing in the Ryman North, sometimes you have to be thankful for what you`ve got.

I think it's each to their own. Some people will watch a game of football regardless of who's playing, just because they love the game. I definately fall into this category - I've even just got tickets to see Barnet play Arsenal, and I'm a Spurs man!!

However, I can see other people's point when they refuse to watch a team for non footballing reasons. I have a lot of friends who are Southend fans, and they went through this dilemma when they travelled to MK Dons.

I will be watching Chelmsford this pre season, as they are playing away at Thurrock on Friday 21st July. I would also watch this fixture if this were being played at Chelmsford. One thing is for sure - I would never watch this or any other match if it clashed with a Canvey game.

agree glen i would go & watch chelmsford if only like it didnt clash with a canvey game & also i think the real reason why jeff king left was not only for the money but to get out of a club who he knew wasnt performing & knew that he couldnt take us forward so he went to chelmsford i think not only for the money but to prove himself hes capable of doing it again & the question is how long will JKs fun with chelmsford last

The reason he left is irrelevant to me, the fact is he has left. We have now moved on, for the better in my opinion, and I'm sure that when the season gets under way, Chelmsford will be the last thing on our minds!!

Look whatever mate. My point was that i wouldn't go to watch Chelmsford after what happened and i cant understand why a Canvey fan would. But i never went around saying that anyone was a traitor or anything. I just said that i couldn't understand why they would and that i personally wouldn't agree.

So what if no one agrees with me. It's a forum isn't it? I was telling others my opinion and i'm jumped on. Ronin could have just said, 'i dont agree with you but its your opinion.'

Quote:
ronin said:
Chalky i asked myself if in Jeff King`s situation i would continue to put money into a club which was not anywhere near breaking even let alone making a profit and was showing no signs of doing so in the near future and the answer was no, would you?

Our problems can`t have been a shock to any long term supporter, the money going out compared to what was coming in never added up but still as supporters we wanted better players so we could compete with the best, it was always going to come back and bite us one day.

Do you seriously think that Jeff King has gone to Chelmsford to earn money? I`m sure he could sit at home watching his bank balance rise without bothering if he was going to earn £x`s from managing a non-league football team. In my opinion he`s gone there because the Jeff King era of CIFC has gone as far as he could take it and Chelmsford offered him what he see`s as a way of proving himself again, it remains to be seen if he will do it.

As for things not getting any worse i think starting as AFC CIFC with no ground of our own is a lot worse than keeping the club alive at Park Lane and playing in the Ryman North, sometimes you have to be thankful for what you`ve got.

Until a few years ago there was only one team in the country who made any money and it certainly wasn't Chelmsford. Now there are probably only two. The majority of football clubs take a massive (relative) loss, because they need to keep competing. We will loose money this season and every season. Having Jeff King in charge didn't change that, as he was the one losing the money, rather than the club.

If Jeff has gone to Chelmsford to earn money, or if anyone thinks that is why, then they are massively deluded. King didn't leave to make money and I don't believe he left because of the amount he lost with us. He'll only make similar losses at Chelmsford.

It's more likely Jeff wanted a new challenge and felt the time was right. I don't really know.

For what it's worth, Chalky, I agree with you.

He probably did want a new challege but does that mean he had to leave the club with around 5 weeks to sort its self out.. He knew the Chelmo thing was going to happen since Jan..

Trust me we almost had no club..

Although the deal is now done that the club is in our own hands Jeff did not make it easy for us in anyway!!

I have no time for the man anymore, hopefully it all goes wrong at Chelmsford

Oh no, I agree. The way he did it was atrocious. It could be argued that it was his club and thus he could choose to do what he wanted with it. Whether that be announcing his resignation at the beginning of the season or at the end.

At the end of the day, Jeff did what was best for Jeff. He knew he wouldn't hear the end of it if he announced his decision early, so he waited for as long as he could.