Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Westfield

Quote:
SurreyLegend said:
Maybe the chairman can do the FA cup draw whilst he is there

FA Chairman. Dont be silly he will still be out in Germany lapping it up in the life of luxury. It will be some minion doing it all.

Westfield's appeal succeeded on the basis that their groundshare was already in place by 1st June, and that they weren't in a relegation position. Frimley Green are in an identical position and have been told to appeal to the FA. They should receive similar treatment

Is there a time limit on appeals ? If not then of course Frimley Green should appeal. Or perhaps to make it easy the FA should just instruct the league to reinstate them.

If Frimley Green appealed and were successful I don't think the CCL can relegate another 2, would be another farce then!

I understand the majority of the fixtures have been done, although can't be confirmed until the Ryman ones come out this Friday, so i'm sure with Westfield now included back and possibly Frimley Green it looks like the fixture secretary will be pulling his hair out!

The CCL relegated Westfield and Frimley as they broke FA rules by arranging a groundshare to not be demoted.

So then the FA turn volte face on their rules and reinstate them.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, if the FA do not act by their own rules then why have them?

Another FArce from the idiots at Soho Square.

The Ground Grading criteria document says that Clubs have until next season (2007/8) to get their ground to the required level (Page 3). The document also says that Ground sharing is permitted but not in order to gain promotion or retain membership at a particular step. A groundsharing agreement must have been in place for at least 1 full season prior to promotion (Page 40 point 1.2). The document came into force and was written into the constitution of the leagues at the start 2005/06. It's all down to interpretation. My interpretation is that groundsharing is not classified as getting your own ground up to the required level. Where I think Westfield have won their case is on the fact that the 1 year notice of groundshare is for promotion not retention of membership at a certain level.

PS CoCo League rule 17.4 - Any appeal against a decision of the Board must be lodged with the F.A. within 14 days of the posting of the written notification of the decision causing the appeal, accompanied by a fee which may be forfeited in the event of the appeal not being upheld. A copy of the appeal must also be sent to the Competition Secretary.

So anyone else wanting to appeal has to submit it within 14 days. Is that 14 from the issuing of the proposed constitution or 14 days from the confirmed constitution at the AGM ?