Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion -Relegation from SSML

GRS67

Is there promotion to step 4 and relegation to step 6 from SSML Prem?

Taken from Hertford's site...

The proposed constitution for the Premier Division includes 5 clubs from the former Ryman League Div 2, namely ourselves, Chalfont St Peter, Edgware Town, Flackwell Heath and Kingsbury Town. Colney Heath are promoted from Div 1 and Harpenden Town relegated in their place. There are no other promotions/relegations from any Division

Yes, promotion to either Southern League or Ryman League depending on location / preference

I think Div 1 SSML is step 6

Flackwell Heath are not joining the SSML which will now only have 21 teams, I'm not sure whether Harpenden Town were asked if they wanted to remain in the Premier Division. Clearly Hertford Town and Edgware Town will be favourites to win the League along with Harefield United and Aylesbury Vale but Broxbourne Borough may be outsiders as they seem to have money to burn at present.

How does a League works things out with an odd number of teams ?

Surely, that bring 'Byes' into account ?

Think I'll pop down to Meadowbank this afternoon and watch Dorking - Whyteleafe, (friendly).

Well thanks for that Gavin however it goes without saying that the four teams who left the disbanded Ryman Division 2 for the SSML will do well, the Ryman 2 is, or should I say was, a slightly better standard than the SSML Premier.

Yes good point Big J R about the 21 teams, I'm surprised the League didn't twist another Club's arm to join such as Wembley or Clapton as the SSML is highly regarded and well run.