Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Expansion of Fans Focus

Hi,

You may have noticed that I have started to expand Fans Focus. I was hoping to have completed the forum software upgrade before this, but it was not to be.

The expansion will involve including results, fixtures, form guides, attendances and other stats for every team down to Ryman 1 N & S level.

At the moment I have only completed a couple of teams as it takes an hour or so per team - and I only have 24 hours in a day frown.gif However I have added sections for the Premiership, Championship and Football Leagues, which means that you now do not need to go anywhere else to find out how your team has done in their last match.

Rather than go straight to the forums now from the navigation you will go to a home page for that league or team - you will then have various choices including the forum for that team if we host it here. Where possible the links will include one to an (un)official site.

This expansion will take a good week or three to complete - and all depends upon any spare time that I have - but I will aim to get at least league fictures/results/tables up prior to the season starting in that particular league.

I welcome any comments on the expansion.

Please try and avoid using the drop down menus as these might have errors - hopfully the side navigation will take you everywhere smile.gif

Thanks.

The joys of the premiership. But you can still see the tables & results smile.gif

We will eventually cover all clubs, however sadly I do not have the details for the ESL frown.gif

If we can find a way to include the ESL we will.

I have now added 'home pages for each of the main leagues - Premiership, Championship, League, Conference, Ryman, Unibond and British Gas - within these sections you can find results, fixtures, tables, form guides and attendances.

As a result of this, I have removed the drop down menus.

If you spot any issues with the left navigation, please let me know.

I will add further pages to the site as soon as time allows.

Enjoy....

OK, I haven't got broadband, but why does it take so much longer now for each page to open. Seems to go through about five attempted page changes on each 'click'

hmmm... shouldn't. Any particular pages? Or all? Any pages that are a particular problem - please let me have the direct URL.

The page builds like many other php pages - but it should not slow anything down.

ALL pages Ian.

As I click to change a page, the bottom address bar shows about 6 or 7 seperate page changes, including BBC ticker etc etc.

If I try and scroll up or down whilst the page is trying to change, the screen freezes for about 7 seconds.

Quote:
Ian_W said:
What browser (& version) are you using? Sounds like the images etc., are being slow to load.

I've P.M'd you, Ian.