Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

**** Major software upgrade ****

Hi,

There is never a good time to start a big upgrade - and today is no exception smile.gif

However we are currently running version 6.0.2 of the software - well I missed 6.1 and so will jump straight to 6.2.

We have quite a few hack here - some of which are now standard features. But as many if not all the files have changed, I will be doing a full upgrade - i.e. replacing all files.

This will result in some downtime - but I will keep it to a minimum. To be brutally honest, I am not 100% sure what will and will not work after the install - many other parts of the site are interwoven with the forum software, so some errors may appear.

I will try and get the majority of it up and running today (which is traditionally the quietest day of the week) - but should any errors remain, I might not be able to correct any minor issues until Tuesday, as I have a family funeral tomorrow (Monday).

I will be starting the upgrade shortly.

If you have any issues - or spot any problems, please reply to this thread - or email me directly at ian@nonleague.com

Thank you.

Ian

Okay - I am almost at a stable point with the upgrade - all SQL errors should now be gone - if you spot any please let me know the URL.

I have eliminated the duplicate graemlins.

There are already several new features - and when I get 5 mins grin.gif I will list them all out. But I know that some of you have already discovered one of them wink.gif

As I said hopefully all errors have now gone.

The next stage will be to add back in, the various hacks that people like - there will be some new ones, and some old ones.

The quick reply box, I will try and get re-installed tonight - but most of them will have to wait until Tuesday.

Please let me know of any problems - I am working from a temporary colour scheme - if anyone is good with CSS and/or colours & graphics, please let me know - as I would like to improve the themes that are available to users.

Have fun,

Ian

We seem to have an issue with PM's - I am not sure if all users or just some users are affected.

The database still contains all the PM's - but at the moment these are not being displayed for users.

It may take me a couple of days to sort the problem out frown.gif

If I have to go back to the backup database, it will mean that all PM's sent since the upgrade i.e. 13:30 Sunday, will be lost.

Ian

It doesn't look too good on the PM's - I would love to battle this one out tonight - but have my Dad's funeral later today (Mon), so really need to get some rest.

Will have another look asap - but am unlikely to get a chance until Tuesday.

Sorry for the delay. frown.gif

Ian