Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Substitutes

The subs bench on Saturday of Mott, Anderson. Purcell, Ekoku and Sodge highlights our lack of defensive depth.

The way I read it we currently have:

1 right back Ricketts

1 left back Opinel

3 centre backs Macca, Smith & Smith

1 utility man Hawkins

Five of those are in the starting line-up so with everyone fit we only have one defensive sub.

With one out injured we can just about cope, with two out or a suspension we would be struggling.

If any of the back three had been injured on Saturday the only option I could see would be to either drop Quinn back and bring on Anderson on the right and move Ricketts to the holding position or to change formation. Either choice would be more changes than you would want to make in the middle of a match.

I think we need another defender.

given a small budget???? i would not think the club will sign more players, unless desperate and then on loan fringe players from perhaps charlton. but defensively light on numbers yes,comment in NLP today says Daish wants england manager to come down to watch young players and i make him right who else has got moore,sodge,coleman,smith etc all 18 to 21 years old or so? ps love this site