Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Old Boys

MargateFan

Thats weird June.I thought they were both doing well down there.Remy seemed to have found some form at last too.Mind you we only hear the occasional good bits.

I am sure(& have witnessed)that he makes just as many errors too that arent mentioned.

Theres no doubting however that these two have brought about an improvement in the clubs results lately.I fully expect MM to come on now hoping for a re-union with him at this club. Sorry,STILL not good enough for my liking despite his recent improvement.Kola seems to have been a majestic signing(non-contract)since he arrived down there according to some of their fans.

Looks like they will be both be missed.

I would have thought these two could & would have stayed there for a while longer even if it meant them not getting the earnings that they feel they merit.Remy in particular what with earning some praise lately.He should have perservered with them as his form was returning.He may well regret not establishing himself again after being in the wilderness for so long.

Lack of funding down there eh? I think we'll find Folkestone suddenly dropping points again now then.

Well i had to respond i gues, so again, my simple point about Remy is that whilst he is no superstar, he is certainly Ryman standard , and as a third/backup striker for injuries/substitutions etc. he would be ideal.

He can also offer a bit of aerial ability aswell,and above all Remy does have a consistent knack of scoring goals-he is a genuine striker who will probably get at least 1 goal every 3 games.

In fairness to him, he probably would not 'accept' a subs role anyway.

Equally, it appears that over the last few weeks, Holden and Bagley have emerged to give us a couple of striking options that we did not appear have a month or so ago.

More relevant to this post is whilst Folkestone have released because of financila reasons, it may have escaped peoples notice that we similarly have been ousted from two significant cup competitions and i hope i am wrong, but i fear similar 'culling' may now occur in Thanet

I always have difficulty with the 'greedy' epiphet. Players in the football market place try to maximise their income, as do any other workers in their marketplace. When my employer opens negotiations for a pay rise, do I try to maximise my salary, thinking that I am worth it? Everyone tries to earn the highest rate that they can, and I do not think that there are many people around that would smilingly take a pay cut for the good and benefit it would bring to their employer, at their own loss. And if an employer is in difficulty, and has to cut the staff budget, normally the people whose salaries depend on it are pretty sore about it. Like anyone else, if footballers try to make unrealistic pay demands they will probably find that the market cannot stand it. But if by moving around they can realise their income, then they are not being greedy, just realistic.

The problem is that we expect them to love our clubs as much as we do, and that is the rare thing - it is more business to most of them, as it is love to us - different transaction altogether.