Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Clean sheets-'don't concede the nil '

michael

13 League games gone and 6 league clean sheets-reasonable performance.

If we keep a clean sheet next week, then a third of way through season with 7 clean sheets ,which pro-rata would put the team on schedule for 21 in the season-i.e half the league games without concedeing.

Rightly or wrongly, i reckon if you keep clean sheets in at least half of your games, it is the mark of a half decent side/defence and gives you a reasonable chance of being 'in the mix at the end of the season.

we're on track, with room for improvement in defence, but as long as we keep the goals out, we'll be up there

We still need to score goals though Michael. Conceding to the nil everygame,whilst admiral & important isnt enough.If we win every game but by a 5-4 or 6-5 margin as an example or similar I will be a happy bunny.However in situations where we may find ourselves up against it then of course the clean sheet is vital.Of course to concede no goals is important but we need goals at the other end too.Lets face it we start the game drawing 0-0 but we need to push forward & score goals to make those three points.Standing back just conceding the nil wont get us promotion alone.

3 points is better than 1 though I agree sometimes 1 point is better than none.

Professional job saturday.

Nil conceded ,get an early goal,then another and looks like we protected the lead well .

As RT alluded to, if we don't concede, there's a better than even chance that we will get at least one goal,and as you then say Cookie-all three points