Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

dddd

Sixy

Ryman Division One (North)PENNANT'S poor run of results continued on Tuesday night, as just like on Saturday they once again failed to hit the back of the net.

After a disappointing 1-0 defeat against Thame United over the weekend Danny Honeyball was looking for his side to bounce back at Great Wakering and while Pennant's goal drought continued he would have been encouraged by an improved performance.

Although his side didn't make the best of starts because with just four minutes on the clock and the visitors reduced to ten men, as the referee had sidelined Ian Barnes to have attention to a facial cut, a deep cross from the left was met with a looping header from home skipper DANNY SCOPES to put Rovers in front.

Back to full strength Pennant battled to get level, and new signing from Harlow Leon Green linked up well with Craig Johnston and Tony Jones.

On balance Pennant had most of the first half pressure, but always had to be wary of the counter attack.

Jimmy Peters had some good probing runs on the right flank, but his crosses were smothered by the home defence.

At the other end Matt Waldron cleared off the line following a fierce shot from Mark Hampshire.

Despite continued pressure from Pennant that saw Liam Baptiste and Ian Barnes joining the attack from the back for set pieces, it was all to no avail as the Rovers' defence held firm.

The second half started with both sides creating chances, but on 69 minutes Rovers inflicted the killer blow when a cross-field pass was met by Scopes just outside the penalty area and his sweet volley gave Phil Church no chance.

The visitors misery was compounded in the final minute, when Barnes was cautioned for a second late tackle and was promptly dismissed.

"I thought our performance tonight was a lot better than Saturday's," said Honeyball afterwards. "Scoring goals has become a problem for us at the moment, although I not going to press the panic button just yet."

Pennant put their league season on hold this Saturday when they play host to Oxford City in the FA Trophy at Wadham Lodge.PENNANT: Church, Barnes, Warren, Baptiste, Waldron, Nelson, Peters (Cooper 65), Jones, Green, Johnston (Hughes 76), Tilley (Honeyball 65). Double defeat sees Pennant woe persistDanny Honeyball

October 3, 2002 11:00

BEACONSFIELD Sycob came from behind to record a 3-2 win over Great Wakering Rovers.

The visitors opened the scoring after 15 minutes when Dan Trenkel's low shot took a cruel deflection to wrong foot Liam Watson in the home goal But their celebrations were short-lived when Kevin Cotton's left-sided cross picked out the onrushing Allan Arthur, who glanced his header into the top corner of the net for the Rams' equaliser just a minute later.

After the re-start the visitors were forced to replace keeper James Marrable with outfield player Danny Scopes after the Rovers man was carried off following a clash with Arthur.

continued...

But Scopes proved to be a more than adequate replacement when he pulled off three first class saves to keep the Rams at bay.

And the home faithful had to wait until 11 minutes from time before a spectacular effort from Liam Patrick resulted in his first goal for the club since joining from Slough Town 18 months ago.

In the closing minutes substitute Dan Whatford opened his account to put his side 3-1 ahead before Trenkel pulled a late goal back.

Do you remember this one ??

I can also do a bit between the sticks gaffer.

save me some cake Mr Chairman,

Hornchuch to stop thme winnin league!!!!

Great Wakering Rovers encountered a slow start to the season but finished in mid-table, and were involved in an entertaining 3-3 draw at home to Hornchurch, who had already sealed their promotion to the Ryman Premier.

Dan Trenkel put Rovers in front before a Andrew Martin equaliser tied the game up. Danny Scopes restored the advantage for the hosts before a dramatic turnaround saw Steve Jones' side going into the break in front after goals from Steve Carter and Nick Lowery.

But Keith Wilson ensured a share of the spoils for Wakering shortly after the restart with the match's third equaliser.

Burly midfielder.

Is any one listening to me ???????

This did not stop the visitors attempting to dominate the game. Tilly was particularly desperate, getting involved in a scrap with Danny Scopes, the opposing captain, which continued until the burly midfielder was substituted midway through the second half. Wakering then took the lead, somewhat against the run of play. Dan Trenkel crossed from the right-hand side, and Paul Pilkington pounced with his forehead to power the ball past Danny Gay, who had absolutely no chance

some great memories there sixy . what a team we had then . Midfield was formidable .

Remember some great games that year , beat Barking 4-3 at home , did the double over Yeading . going to Hemel hempstead and winning 3-2 and us smashing the door off the hinges and the mirror . stopping hornchurch win the league . winning 3-2 at dunstable after being 2-0 down . i can go on !!

Quote:
super.six said:
Was cant belive they said i was good goalkeeper,

my goal kick that didnt get out the box.

yes but i remember that save you made when you were diving the wrong way then sprung across like superman double fisted !! ha ha ha