Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thanks but no thanks!

Cookie

The local says Jim Ward is after two conference players.Will he get them? Who may they be I wonder?

Would they even want to go to Deadwood?

I am sure their football would be an attraction but I think the surroundings of Deadwood would surely be a massive "off-putting" reason for others that were contemplating a move..A miserable place to play & without improvements to the ground why would ANYONE want to play there? Questions questions questions.

I read the following(below)in another Kent paper today & after reading it I thought "Well if these two dont want to sign for them then what chance do Ramsgate have of signing others with more class".Are these two the two players that were were intimated?. Have they had Conference experience? Or is this just nonsense reporting? Or simply "wishful thinking" or "sensationalism" on Jim Wards part.

-------------------------------------------------

Heres what I read:

Goalkeeper STEVE WILLIAMS & Striker MARK LOVELL have REJECTED overtures from Ryman Premier League Ramsgate in favour of staying with Sittingbourne.

Manager Steve Lovell confirmed the Rams'approach this week & said:I'm delighted that both players have decided to remain at the club.

-------------------------------------------------

You tell me! Who would WANT to play on that ground apart from those already there.The ground itself is the stumbling block i.m.o on Ramsgate signing influential players.It may well happen but I dont somehow think it will. What do you think?

When you add & take into consideraton the below "signature" quote from last week from a Ramsgate Supporter would you be interested in going there if you were a decent player playing these days?

Surely there are better options out there for better class players to think over.

Even Sittingbourne is an improvement on Deadwood & a better alternative according to the above two Sittingbourne players.I'm sure it cant be Ramsgate's style of play thats preventing these two going there,as that cant be faulted,apart from last week of course.

Well it seems someone wants to go there after all. Early mentions of conference players going there seem to be true with additional signings in the shape of Paul Wilkerson & Mark DeBolla from the "fleet". Now these two arent going there for the surroundings so I reckon the Rams are dipping into their pockets DEEPLY to get these to go to Southwood. Two good additions so it seems. All that "local pub team" cant be used now for great wins & bad defeats. Wardie has realised now that all local players wont succeed as they have done previously. Am impressed with these two signings I must admit & despite the outlay that Ramsgate are going to fork out for these two Ramsgate have moved in the right direction I reckon.