Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Oi Rob. Fans Forum: January 23rd 2003

AFF

So it's on.

With John Gibson at the Clubhouse is it possible to arrange one of those WHOP phone links to the chap who used to drive the red tractor at the Ryman EGM?

Err. That is. He will be at the Ryman EGM on January 23rd. He used to drive the red tractor at The Park. You know what I mean.

I did hear that questions would be welcomed in advance by that Chairman of The Supporters Club chap.

I don't think that he has censorship in mind, rather it's a good way of grouping similar questions together. Stimulate debate but with decorum. Avoid repeition. Permit research beforehand, if appropriate. All that sort of stuff.

It also allows anonymity, perhaps. Now there's a thought that may be attractive to some. Me? Honest John Bull doesn't need to hide behind the cloak of anonymity.

Brilliant, Rob. Brilliant.

As far as the form is concerned, how many lines do you think should be available for the question? I suppose if it is carefully conceived, a questioner could use a second form as a continuation sheet. The questioner would need to carefully consider the drafting of the question in that fashion in order to ensure that the Chairman of The Supporters Club reads it out in the correct order. Could cause some confusion, otherwise.

I'll have a word with him.

The matchday programme. Now that's a horse of a different colour altogether, Rob. Don't go there.

Quote:
the drafting of the question in that fashion in order to ensure that the Chairman of The Supporters Club reads it out in the correct order. Could cause some confusion, otherwise.

If the first page was numbered page 1, and the second page was numbered page 2, this would settle any confusion that arose regarding the ordering of the question, surely?

3 could be produced, as you say, to be on the safe side. Any further sheets should be headed, typed, and numbered (extra sheet 1, extra sheet 2) and so on.

Although, if we think about it, extra sheet 1 could be confused with sheet 1. Naming the first extra sheet (extra sheet 10) would cause yet more confusion, as the Chairman Of The Supporters' Club may wonder where (extra sheets 1-9) went.

Let's start again then. The first sheet, on the form, could be lettered! The first sheet would be A, the second B, and the third (just to be on the safe side) could be C. Then extra forms could be lettered D, E, F and so on.

But what if someone uses 24 or more extra sheets for questions?

Good thinking, GHA. Very constructive. I don't think that we need overly concern ourselves with a question that runs to 24 pages, however.

Lettering is fine. 3 sheets for each person, lettered A, B, and C.

Paper clips or stapled?

Base 64 will probably solve your problems. This uses a numbering system that uses numbers and letters. IE 10 is 64. Someone could produce a short document describing how it works and the club could provide a short course, before the event, for those that don't understand it. Discuss.

Which is cheaper? Economical measures and all that. That's why the pitch is so narrow. Saving on paint. And why we got rid of the tractor and brought in a goat. And got rid of the tea urn. Wasted energy. Noise, Kinetic and Heat energy all being used up.

Paper clips can be easily removed and fiddled with, thus causing disruption at the forum. My vote, therefore, is for staples.

Right-o. GHA.

It's probably a little short notice for the Base 64 thing. Great idea, though. One for the next Forum, perhaps subject to the success of these arrangements.

Three sheets for each form, stapled together in order and marked A, B and C. To be distributed at the turnstiles, I suggest. What will the attendance be, I wonder? Between 450 and 600. Say 700 to be on the safe side and to include the freebies. 2500 sheets. Err... 2502 actually for 833 forms.

Leave it to me.

Attendance for the Harrow match? Or attendance at the forum?

2502 for 833 forms? We only need forms for 700 people, I thought??? That's 2100 sheets, if my maths serves me correctly. Although not everyone will be wanting to write down questions.

I'll leave it to you, AFF.

Oh, for Heavens sake, GHA. You've lost the plot completely, despite your assistance earlier. Do try to concentrate.

The forms are to be given out at the match. Fans can complete them with questions to be asked of The Chairman at the subsequent Fans Forum.

We can't give out forms at the start of the Forum itself as everyone would be writing, that Chairman of The Supporters Club chap would be trying to put completed forms into some semblance of order and the thing would never get started.

NO FORMS ON THE NIGHT.

Concentrate on what?

Right. So. On Saturday, 3 pieces of paper, numbered A, B and C, and chronologically ordered and stapled together, one staple horizontally in the top left corner no more than 7mm from the top or left edge of the page, will be distributed with the matchday programme. On these forms, people are expected to write down any questions they may have for the Chairman at the forthcoming fans' forum. Should any more sheets be needed, they are to be attached and lettered geographically (D, then E, then F etc). These will be given to the Chairman of the Supporters' Club...

Er. When will they be given to the Chairman of the Supporters' Club?

The Chairman of the Supporters' Club will carry out a strict filtration system, destroying any stupid questions...

Er. How does one deem a question stupid? How stupid was that question I just asked, for example?

The questions will be ordered and handed to the Chairman, for review. The Chairman will also carry out a strict biological filtration programme, destroying any stupid questions (see question above).

Er. Will he then read out the question followed by the answer at the forum on the night? What if there is a query as to an answer? What if someone didn't get their form?

What if someone loses their form?

I don't quite get the whole form/form of forum/forum thing.

That is precisely the reason for this debate, CZ.

The form of the form is of particular relevance to those who cannot attend the Forum itself, but wish to raise an issue 'in absentia'. They will have to rely upon a report of the Chairman's response from fellow fans as, quite clearly, no forms are to be produced for a written reply from John Gibson.