Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Council Meeting "Action Plan"?

Tom

According to the Express article found here: http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0200s...-name_page.html an action plan has been draw up with the following objectives:

-to review possible stadium sites previously examined.

- identify individuals/owners who run STFC.

- to meet in two months' time.

- all parties to be kept informed and a cross-party effort made to assist STFC return to play in Slough.

I am a bit confused with the 2nd point. Why is there a need to identify individuals/owners who run the club?

I used to work with a local councillor and he was always saying that the Council wanted to talk with those who actually run the club (i.e. Roy and Bernard) to discuss possible solutions, instead of just representatives of the supporters (i.e. the STST). I think point two probably refers to this. I just hope that they actually do meet again in future and not just keep going over old ground.

Quote:
MattSTFC said:
I used to work with a local councillor and he was always saying that the Council wanted to talk with those who actually run the club (i.e. Roy and Bernard) to discuss possible solutions, instead of just representatives of the supporters (i.e. the STST).

And you believed him/her?

Pretty much, yes.

I do realise that there has been a certain amount of brushing the club under the carpet when STST has put pressure on the Council and requested meetings etc., but at the end of the day, surely it's representatives from STFC that will be making decisions about the club and it's Roy and Bernard that need to be making dialogue with the Council. The supporters cannot make decisions on behalf of the club until the day arrives where STST may have to run a re-formed club.

If they had wanted to talk to Roy and Bernard, I am sure that somehow they would have managed it.

Do you seriously think that for 30 months they wanted to talk to the club, but somehow couldn't find it?

Did they vote against holding talks with the club twice (and note it was talks with the club, not supporters) because they wanted to.....talk to the club?

That 'we've always wanted to talk to the club' line is nonsense, and if the councillor you refer to actually believes it, then quite frankly it shows just how poor their grasp of reality is.

a smoke screen ! They are worried that come next may the STST will win a seat on the council....and they are trying to plecate us ! but we will see before may how seious they are in trying to help...

chris sliski STST secretary.