Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's between Edgware and Hertford for promotion

Quote:
Gavin said:
LOL DoH!!!!!!!!

I reckon it's yours to lose now Gavin, if you see what I mean. You only have to keep up your form for the remaining 25 league games and it's yours! Fact.
That's 62.5% of your season left.

Still a long way to go, as only 15 games have been played by Edgware.

I see what you mean though. Do you agree that Harefield/Leverstock players may start to look for new clubs as they may want promotion and see that their present clubs cant achive their ambitions.

I would not be supprised if Leverstock fall away badly, as for Harefield, I cant imagine why they have not applied for promotion

It is surprising gav but i guess we dont know wot goes on behind closed doors....as for harefield and leverstock falling away?...well i wouldnt bet on it...its not unusual for teams in this league to be based around a group of close mates or a good atmosphere...I'm sure most of the players at these teams would have had a good idea wot their clubs ambitions were...and i wouldnt say these teams were paying their players much either

Quote:
Gavin said:
If you look at the teams that have applied for promotion. I can't really see Broxbourne/WGC, or London Colney winning the league.

Edgware and Hertford are the two teams wit the best chance, and the best grounds

Dont write us off gavin!
If we can bring a bit more consistancy to our results we will surprise every1!
Taking points off the top teams aint a problem for us...

Quote:
HTFC ONE said:
can someone clear this up for me because all this promotion stuff is not that clear to me.....say edgware won the league and hertford finished say 4th but behind harefield and leverstock....could hertford still be promoted ?

I think it would depend on how many other teams from other leagues go up. If there is a shortage in the numbers then its possible that a team in 4th place could go up.

Flackewll Heath went up in 4th place last season from Ryman 2, so it is possible.

Quote:
blues06 said:
Quote:
Gavin said:
If you look at the teams that have applied for promotion. I can't really see Broxbourne/WGC, or London Colney winning the league.

Edgware and Hertford are the two teams wit the best chance, and the best grounds

Dont write us off gavin!
If we can bring a bit more consistancy to our results we will surprise every1!
Taking points off the top teams aint a problem for us...

Your from is patchy though, you are not consistent enough to win the league in your present form.

You also have a lot of ground to make up, and would have to rely on us dropping a lot of points.

It is possible you could make it into the top 3, but I dont see you being any higher

which is why i just said "if we can bring some consistancy to our results"

We have got a lot of ground to make up, but this league is all about putting a string of wins together which we are capable of doing!

Nothing is won before xmas...

Hillingdon b4 xmas last year were nowhere but a great second half of the season got them up!

The good thing for us is that every1 see's Edgware, Hertford, Leverstock and Harefield as massive games and raise their games accordinly!

This is why i believe us and London Colney aint out of it at all!

Exactly, if we get into the top 4, then we will be one of the teams to beat, and we will have to deal with that pressure!

If we can add a few experienced signings to our squad then we can be up there!

On the balance of play that day, a draw was a fair result but credit where credit is due, u took ur chances well!

Over at ur place, on another good surface with hopefully a better referee, we wont lose!

The way I read this is that you have to finish first or second to be promoted.

If first place team has ground grading and has applied they go if not second place are considered on the same requirements.

If top two haven't got gradings or have not applied then someone get's lucky and doesn't get relegated.