Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BTFC 1-1 Stortford

Simon BTFC

We had enough chances to have buried the game well before they equalised. Jamie Wallace hitting the woodwork twice during the game. We played well in parts - especially given the conditions, but seemed to go into self destruct in the second half - playing all 11 men behind the ball. JJ had a great game.

We were also badly let down by very poor set pieces (again!! and that includes throw ins) and not putting crosses in when in a good position to do so.

Why can't the Graham brothers just put crosses in rather than beating the same man 5 times?!

Reduced to 10 per side in the half time period of extra time. Wallace - second yellow. Straight red for the Stortford player who punched him. However ref was generally (no surprise) quite poor.

Team (in number order): JJ, Williams, Kerrigan, Gilley, Moore, Graham R, Henty, Merritt, Wallace, Graham M, Penn.

Subs: None used - Snowsill, Savidge, Pitt, Rantala, Fay(GK).

Finally - why do we have to have extra time AND THEN a reply? Isn't this just a waste of time?!

Team formation. Played Willo upfront with Wallo with Mark Graham in the centre of midfield and Merritt on the right. Changed later in the game

, Willo back in midfield with Richard Graham going up front and Mark reverting to the wing. Agree with Gareth J, had the opportunities to win, same old story, let sit on a lead rather than kill off the opposition. Graham brothers need to get the ball in early not beat the man at least twice. Goog contribution from Wallo considering the circumstances. Outstanding game from JJ, we would have lost if it hadn't been for him.

i enjoyed the game ...think both sides will think they had chances to win it but i tght ours were the more clear cut. having now seen b.s. twice at new lodge this season it is a mystery to me how they are at the foot of the table.

the game was marred by the sending off of wallace and the bs player. not sure what went on but some of our players need to stop getting involved in these situations.

i agree with the others about us being too negative again. we have to try to win games instead of trying not to lose them. after wallace had gone we should have taken off merritt brought on rantala at the back and pushed gilley forward to support the hopelessly isolated r graham. i dont think we got out of our own half in the second period of extra time.

the ref was of course useless but at least equally useless for both sides.

I am under the impression that the replay will be next tuesday 28th but not 100 pc certain.

the team again battled away well and this was a game we probably would have lost last season so that is good...no surprises that a few got tired after 2 long games on heavy pitches..and we need to use our full squad (and substitutes!!!!!) well in the coming few games.

cmon the blues!!!!

Last time Billericay played Bishops Stortford they should have finished them off in the first half. It sounds like the same story last night. I agree about the Grahams. They either won't take on defenders or they do and don't cross the ball. Why was Danny Snowsill on the bench, I thought he left?

We still need some more players judging by the bench last night. Is Merritt actually any good as I've never seen him play? At least for the next few games we will have players back who were cup tied i.e. Ansell, Douglas etc.

I must say I enjoyed the game last night apart from the soaking (okay, I could've ran for cover). I thought Wallace played well (except for the sending off - what happened there?) and also Willo up front but I do have a concern. Stortford always had players in the box when they attacked, us....well what is the point of playing a winger (two at times) when there is no bugger in the box!!! Time and again this season we seem to be slow in getting players in the box or counter attacking.

Anyway, not a bad performance, shame about the ref (again).

i thort that ricay were robbed. i also thort the graham brothers played a blinder. they were always chasing the ball and giving 100% at all times. however there crosses were very late and i thort ricay lacked the confidence to have a go at goal, but i say bring on Rantala an let him cause the keepers some trouble. his shot is too good to go to waste.

Good effort by the lads who all ran their knackers off. Thought Stuart Merrick had a good game and as once again did Danny Gilley. Created enough chances to have won (hit the woodwork 4 times), but it'll be sweeter beating the 'Emilys' on their own patch. Colin Wall should have walked for a blatent elbow on Willo and then on Wallo, but somehow both the ref and lino managed to miss it. Stortford's equaliser came about from a free-kick that the linesman originally flagged to give our way.

Why this cup can't be decided on the night I don't know? Clubs are forced to play 4 extra league games a season on top of any FA Cup/Trophy replays, plus county cups and not to mention fitting in postponements. Some common sense wouldn't go a miss. Maybe the possibilty of penalties would entice more people through the gate for what is a poorly supported competition. But then 'common sense' and 'Ryman League' are two words not normally associated with each other!

Bryco Cup Q/Final draw, as follows......

Billericay Town/Bishop Stortford v Yeading

Dulwich Hamlet v Lewes

Hendon/Wingate-Finchley v Kingstonian/Aveley

Canvey Island v Grays Athletic/Aylesbury

That concludes the draw for the quater final of the Bryco Cup, matches to be played..... er, whenever they can be fitted in.