Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town 1 v Wabbey 0 - Ryman Site

Jonny M

Yes it was a poor game. The defence played well although if Wabbey had had their shooting boots on I might have had a different opinion about that.

The midfield and forwards didn't seem to know each other. Was without Rudi Hall, Kevin Stephens. JJ was back in goal and had an excellent game. Brian Hammet ran all over the pitch but without effectiveness. Crace had a poor game. Valendia frequently lost the ball placing the defence in trouble. Paul Campbell lost his puff midway through the second half and was substituted along with Negus. This brought on Nyman and, making his debut, Braithwaite. Nyman had two efforts in his brief spell on the pitch and was unlucky not to get a brace. His second effort hit the bar. He demonstrated the importance of being in the right place and getting into the box.

Andy Jones was subbed and replaced by Carroll a decision that was not liked by the crowd.

The conditions were poor and in those conditions we could not have expected a big crowd. Still we are there to be entertained and entertainment was at a premium.

"Brian Hammet ran all over the pitch but without effectiveness."

So tempting to make a comment - I will resist!

Paul Campbell had time for puff?

Braithwaite is no longer Mr Invisible then?

We got players into the box? Well done Deano!

Oh well Jim will have an easier time at the EGM of the fans on Thursday then won't he?

not a great game, conditions teribel. creidt to the ground staff as always. well done deano for being in the right place, how you missed that second chance that hit the bar i'll never know!!! Bryan worked hard, not much service to him either. also don't forget the incredible block by Magona that denied Wabbey a first half goal.

Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
don't forget the incredible block by Magona that denied Wabbey a first half goal.

....playing under the pseudonym of 'Tickner' alk

Agreed, not a great game, but credit to the Town for contesting every loose ball and creating just about enough chances to take the three points.

Big thanks to the ground staff for their work on the pitch - had it not been for the excellent condition of the surface at the start of the game, the game would not have finished.

Well done also to ref Wes Linden for making sensible allowances for the conditions and not bringing out yellow cards for every mistimed tackle.

Agree with FJ there. If it wasn't for Dave F and Ronnie, that pitch would not have lasted the 90. A poor game but in those conditions you are never going to get great football. Credit to Abbey, they worked hard and should have been 2 up at half time. Good goal from Dean and with his other strike that hit the bar I reckon we just about deserved the win. Good to see some travelling support at Brimmo too.

I think we just about deserved the win. It looked like a nil-nil for a long time, but Nyman made a difference. Matt Negus had a very poor game, so it was a sensible substitution. Negus looked very low on confidence to me, and lost far more 50-50 challenges than he won.

Velandia did well in the first half, spraying some good passes around but the conditions took their toll. It was Velandia's cleanly hit shot that forced Hickman into the only save I can recall, before Nyman got the goal.

JJ was equally quiet - our defence looks pretty solid at the moment with Tickner and Magona again excelling, and Adam Gant playing his way back to match fitness.

Wabbey were disappointing. They played the long ball too much.

Hammatt ran his heart out. Agree with previous postings re Crace - he was poor too. Andy Jones had a terrific game and looks stronger each time he plays.

I won't judge the long-awaited Leon Braithwaite on what I saw last night. All I concluded from his cameo last night was that he needs another pair of boots with better studs. He slipped over every time the ball came near him.

A welcome 3 points!!