Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

UPDATES from todays game

TonyM

Originally Posted By: margate100
Originally Posted By: Bitch
Originally Posted By: margate100
Originally Posted By: Bitch
I'll be very interested to hear what went wrong for your team today, should never have lost to them!

And before you start....Yes we lost to bleedin E.Thurrock. But it was the Ref's fault wink

Battle of the losers tuesday night then...

Yes, but the underdogs rule! grin

Never.... UP THE GATE!

I hope you don't pull my hair out on Tuesday June! grin If you do, can you get the grey ones only please biglaugh

Am ignoring AFCW as I feel they will not win their appeal.

Anyway, feel for the Angels, Jane, as we lost thanks to the ref too. Atrocious penalty decision and constantly over-ruling the assistants, just appaling

The only good thing the ref did was keep his cards in his pocket apart from that he seemed to have left his red nose and comedy shorts in the dressing room!

The referee (again) did not help us again today giving decisions to them and never us. We should have had a penalty when Hockton was pulled back by the shirt in the box and a corber was incorrectly denied in favour of a goal kick. Dolton had to be subbed as he was not taking on the opposition and backed away from making a tackle, need Jackson back on the wing in midfield I think. Agree that Bagley looked good today, along with Wisker who impressed me too. The Carshalton penalty looked dubious to say the least, and I believe if they had not got this chance then we would have won as we had dominated the second half upto that point. Not sure how bad Sappleton's injury is, but an ambulance arrived after the game as I was leaving but am not sure what it was for.

Overall we played well, not brilliantly but well, and we certainly looked like we missed those who were suspended today which made us light in midfield. But there is hope, luck (ie the referee) was yet again not on our side but if it had been, I believe victory could have been ours today.

Up the Gate!

I agree with MFC Forever - penalty very dubious. The team actually played well considering and dominated but could not convert. Danny Hockton still looks lost and a little lazy at times and he's still captain which I just don't agree with. Apart from that, I actually enjoyed this game apart from my comments about the officials (see above!).

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
Carlshalton forums simple summing up.

i was not there so 'could not possibly comment'

in the two teams was, WE WANTED THE POINTS, They thought they had a right to them.

Not so much of a forum, more of a couple of mates spouting bo**ox!!

I dont think that the Carlshalton summing up was correct I feel the gate had a lot more of the game just lacked that midfield bite in the first half. I'm a bagley critic but today he change the game The lads their brought on tried to impress today and did enough I believe to be given more chances. Mid- field lacked creativety and unfortunatly DH had a off day did'nt seem to want it enough. But christ he's allowed now and again to have one. Carshalton nicked the game with a suspect pen and a goal mouth scramble just one of those days I'm afraid.

My man of the match would have to be Deano, he was everywhere on the pitch today and worked exceptionally hard. The quality of his crosses and passes was spot on too.

The youngsters aquitted themselves very well, on the whole, Bagley scored on his debut and looked sharp, Dan Wisker was sound, and almost scored with a header that just went wide. Dolton still needs sharpening, he is quick and fit, but he needs his confidence building a bit, because that is where he falters on the last ball, perhaps we could be a bit more encouraging, as being taken off today probably has not helped?

Pat Sappleton was towering in defence, it looks like an ankle injury, and he hopped to the dressing room after. I hope the ambulance was only a precaution, (if it was for him) but I am quite concerned.

Observations from todays game.

Bagley made a HUGE improvement to the game today. When his shot trickled over the line (after a good attempted save by the keeper) I was in 7th heaven. He deserves to start Tuesday and should.

Dolly Dolton lacks a bit of confidence and as much as I hate to say it a run of a couple of games in the reserves could remedy it.

Danny was just not Danny today but, he will be on Tuesday.

JJ is wasted at full back.

Deano as June said was immense today I could not find the blade of grass he did not run over.

Wisker did miss a great goal by a whisker (sorry) but he limped off at the end of the game with some sort of injury.

The Carshalton Keeper said to Harvey, Tony T and me that he thought the ref was an absolute nightmare and that was when he awarded the non penalty. Nuff said on the ref!

Oh and finally Tony T confided to me that he has not seen us win this season, also my wife has only gone to 2 games this season Gloucester and Carshalton. I think a red card for both of them for the rest of the season is in order.

Good report all that went to the game today....This Dolton thing about give him time,well look at the league table,time is something we havent got,we need players that can turn it on every week and IMO he is not one of the players that can,the last game he played he was dire,and today he was not all that,taken off just before half time for Bagley who then gets our goal,well what does that say...Dolton is just not good enough.

Originally Posted By: Ian_Sanderson
With Ramsgate getting stuffed, and you losing can anyone tell me, when both clubs played on a Saturdat when we both lost??.
Thank god for Thanet Wanderers

Sandy Ezekiel CLAIMS to support Thanet Wanderers and for me that is good enough to wish them a poor season and hopefully relegation

Originally Posted By: Joseba

Oh and finally Tony T confided to me that he has not seen us win this season, also my wife has only gone to 2 games this season Gloucester and Carshalton. I think a red card for both of them for the rest of the season is in order.

Thanks mate! Actually could have gone to Man U v Reading - glad I didn't go!! Am starting to feel like Andy Page now frown - where's the loo roll.....