Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Apology

Mr Happy

There has been a number of heated posts on other threads surrounding the events of Saturday afternoon. Having considered those events and various comments carefully I have come to the conclusion that I was wrong to join in the chanting directed at Bryan Hammatt. Whilst I still do not consider it was abusive and I still have my own views on the player, it was wrong to target an individual who was representing my team during the 90 minutes of a match with such comments. I accept that those comments may have caused hurt to the player and his family and I apologise for them. Football is a passionate sport and we can all get caught up in the passion in both negative and positive ways. Sometimes we can all get negative (and sometimes rightfully so) but with hindsight, it is my opinion that I was wrong to make those specific comments.

To all interested parties; these are my own views and no one elses and I will not be getting involved in any more discussions about these events again.

Mr H