Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Greg Bettles

Just come back from town. Nice stall in the Thamesgate centre selling really good clocks of local football teams....Charlton, Gillingham, West Ham, Man U, Liverpool... Great isn't it???

Also local amatuer dramatic society promoting their new show at Woodville in the St.Georges Centre.

I would be prepared to spend a couple of hours on a Sat morning promoting the club.

• 2 years later...
Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
You seem to be very suspicious of me Gary, I simply wanted to know your opinions. Well done for contacting Greg and seeing if we could have a consultation between the club and fans but you seem to be living in some sort of dream world where if we bang the drum loud enough then people will turn up just for the sake of it. Over the last few days we've discussed, Sky not showing us at home, the BBC South East not mentioning our results and the pathetic attendances we've been getting, all three things seem to be falsely grouped under the banner they don't like us, they don't know we're here. Both of these are wrong and are the easy option, they know where we are and they don't hate us. As much as it pisses me off they don't see us as an attractive option to waste their time on, doesn't that tell you something?

Well its two years on and after all that has happened I guess we can agree that it was a stupid idea after all to have a stand at Bluewater.

I was right then, people do know we're here and they still can't be bothered to come. We have had excellent coverage through the media with MyFC and Wembley and it hasn't cost us a bean and we're still out of pocket. Imagine if we had have taken Gary's idea and set up a stall at Bluewater to the tune of

The only people worth attracting with a stand are real locals, so you have to do it in the locality! Other people won't travel or if they want local football, they will go to their nearest club. The problem in the South East is that there are so many good clubs, both league and non-league. There is a great deal of competition.