Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This Week The Reserves................

...........will (weather permitting) follow up last Thursday's successful Brimsdown debut with another home game at Goldsdown Road, this time aganst Ware.

Kick off 19:45.

The Capital League has revised the remainder of the season's fixture list. After Thursday, the remaining games are:

Wednesday 28 March v Redbridge (away-double header)

Monday 16 April v Leyton (away)

Wednesday 18 April v Maldon Town (home)

Monday 23 April v Bishops Stortford (away)

Wednesday 25 April v Thurrock (home)

I can't help wondering, whats the point of playing a number of first-teamers in the resrve team? I mean, what's the point of a reserve team if you do that?

Depends of course what you mean by first teamer. If they are peripheral, just trying to break into the first team or coming back from injury, that's a different kettle of fish.

But that is the whole point of a reserve team! First teamers not currently in the starting line-up need the match practice, to the benefit of the youngsters who play in the reserves regularly.

Last night's blend was perfect - Harris, Allen, Hunt, Hammatt and Nyman from the first team played. The result was a 1-1 draw with Hammatt outstanding, and promising showings from Luke Marshall and James Ewington from the youngsters.

Yes, Father, that's what I meant. The earlier posts and the website seemed to suggest that "a number" of regular first teamers would play, which I read as not meaning fringe or injured players but true first teamers. I had not seen a team sheet at that time.

My second paragraph was wondering whether the situation was in fact as you describe, which does of course make sense.