Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Re AFC Wimbledon-Press Release

Mr Happy

Posted elsewhere on these fora:

For immediate release

James Cross, a lifelong Kingstonian supporter has today launched an online petition calling for the confirmation of the 18 point deduction for the breach of regulations by AFC Wimbledon in the registration of one of its players. This is done to counter the bias in the debate and to put the other perspective. James feels that AFC Wimbledon get a free ride from tame hacks, mediocre rent-a-quote politicians and the football press.

Cross commented “When we heard about the 18 point deduction naturally we felt that this seemed a draconian measure however the precedent was there and the rules were in place when the season started. However with their permanent sense of victimhood AFC Wimbledon soon made this rather innocuous affair seem very sinister and events took a grim turn. AFC Wimbledon have tried to portray themselves as victims in this when it is they who have broken the regulations. If this was a victimless offence then there would be no need for the rules but they are there for a purpose – to prevent the poaching of players. AFC Wimbledon need to behave with grace and dignity, stop playing the martyr and accept their punishment. Articles from tame hacks and the fanboy football press such as When Saturday Comes have been not only short on fact and long on sentimentality. Many in the football community are getting fed up of this continual petulant child act from AFC Wimbledon’s fan base and believe it is time for them to move on.”

I urge you to sign this petition. Thank you for your time in reading this.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/AFCWimbledonFC/#detail

Responding to comments about threats and intimidation a shaken Cross commented “I had originally planned to launch the petition on Sunday 25th March even though it was active however some AFC Wimbledon fans became aware of it and made comment about it on Kingstonians forum. However even more sinister were some threatening and mischievious comments on the petition from their fans. Having someone say they know where I live is a worry to me and knowing that some elements of their support are trying to frighten me into backing down makes me realise I need to pursue this. I am genuinely frightened at the threatening comment and frightened for my wife and son as well however I know this petition is correct. I would also urge the popular press who so worship at the altar of AFC Wimbledon to look further at the acquisition of Kingsmeadow and how that deal came about.”

James Cross – Mr Kingstonian

Notes to editors – James Cross is a life-long Kingstonian fan who organised a successful online petition calling for the removal of the previous management team at Kingstonian. James works in IT and lives in Camberley with his wife and son.