Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Sweating Now

sargon

Well,hands up,you done them in the end,wasn't good to watch,played in their faces humped it up quick but still earned a well deserved result...though TBH I thought your full back was more than a little fortunate to remain on the pitch but there you are.

What I was suprised with was Chelmo made 3 or 4 changes from the side that thumped Hampton and also deserved to beat us.I know Boylan was sus but the others?

I would not dare post that on Rymans as a certain clubs Lawyers will be on it like a dog with a rat,and none of us wants that.

Its all looking to close to call now,very exciting for the neutral but nerve racking for everyone else.....but good luck.

Just do us a favour next week will you? A point will do nicely but 3 would be brilliant,obviously. However it cant be stressed enough that no amount of point pinching off AFC or any of the others will be enough if we cant win our final two games.

On paper Ashford & Hendon is a dream come true for your last two games but no way is it going to be easy. Lets hope we can pick up the points on saturday and then give Hendon a missrable last game at Claremount Road and then im sure of it that AFC will get what they diserve smile 6th Place.

We will do our best...they did not like the way Rickay knocked em about,and whinged and whined about it for days,and we are a more physical side than them.

TBH I do prefer to watch footballing sides even at this level,which is why I was a little dis-appointed with some(though not all) of your players yesterday, but am happy to make an exception in the case of AFC.They do need putting in their place....which is here next season.

it states in the Non League paper that every club bar 1 is right behind Alan Turvey and the Ryman league and they are waiting to see if they can talk to Bryan Barwick about the situation , though nothing is going to probably come out of it . Up the Gate.

Originally Posted By: MargateFan
AFCW and Chelmsford are now both only one point ahead of us.
Does that double our chances,they could either of them slip up?
(Assuming we win both of our final games, that is.)

You're right MF. Trouble is that & on paper(& should be on the field too) Chelmsford SHOULD be up to getting 6 points from their two games.I know,you never can tell but I personally think they WILL get those points & finish behind Hampton in second spot. AFC, Bromley & Billericay are the teams we have to be looking at realistically I think.Bromley have to play Billericay so points are going to be dropped there one way or another. Still its nice to know we have got ourselves into the position of looking at more than one team now whereas AFC were really the only ones previously.

If Bromley draw at home to Billericay & Borehamwood can take all 3 points off Bromley at home & provided we win our last two games I think that would have Bromley as the ones missing out. I know, all ifs & buts, however these two results are quite attainable as are our two wins despite a depleted squad for those last two games.Well we still live in hope dont we & it dosent hurt to dream.

What are you guys about...we not only get a draw at AFC after gifting you a half fit Chelmo the week before and you still seem to have blown it.

What a finish to the season,IMO the worst side in the mix (Hampton)are as good as champs,and from what I saw Sat AFC are the weakest of the play off bunch...sods law they will take it in the end.

Too much has to happen for you guys to make it though I am sorry to say.

AFCs home draw meant we would STILL have to have won it on the last day whether we won,lost or drew v Ashford.The only thing with us getting the draw on Saturday v Ashford is that now we have them needing the the win outright rather than them having the draw in their favour as well.As well as that our draw means Billericay now need a draw at least where as before they were out of our reach.

We know we've thrown this away on numerous occasions & I'm sure we dont need reminding of that.Saturday was better than some other results we've had but we ARE still in there with a shout despite all of this.Anything can happen on Saturday & who knows what the outcome may be.We are all aware that the odds ARE stacked against us because its not just our result(a win & no less) that will see us go through but reliance on other results too.We have it all to do,we realise this,but Saturday may be the day when REAL LUCK comes into it.

A nail biting last day all round coming up,no doubt about it!