Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

dartfords new ground

JKiF

Originally Posted By: JKiF
just seen pix of this & how did that come about?

what league do they play in?

They play in Ryman 1 South. Nearly blown thier chance of playoffs. They have a very forward thinking council wink I've been to the stadium. It is superb applause

It's done wonders for Dartford's attendances too. They had an average of around 280 when they shared with G&NF. It's gone up by 1000 per week since it opened. If your council decides to get behind the Saints you too could have a surge of interest from new supporters. If John Gibson does walk away from the club I'm concerned that you may be back to square one.

BTW whatever happened to the plan for a ground at PSV?

Bitch is a lady not a fella.

They didn't have one. Dartford's old ground used to at Maidstone United during the 80s and 90s but they had to move when the old Maidstone team went bust.

They ground shared with other teams maining Purfleet and then Gravesend before moving back to Dartford.

You've contradicted yourself.

I'm talking about the ground Maidstone moved into.

It was a perfectly good ground so why did they lose it?

Are they another Wealdstone. IE, have they sold their ground and have they cried to the council begging for a new one?

That old chestnut then!

I predict the same story will reoccur at Grays and Weymouth soon.

"Sorry, we've accidentally sold our ground to ASDA/Sainsbury/housing for loads of money; can we have some land for a new one, please?"

I just hope Thurrock council says no if that sort of thing happens to Grays.

If Woodward decides to leave then they may have no choice but to do that.

The ground problem between Dartford and Maidstone happened quite a few years ago. It has been in Dartford council's interests to build the Princess Park Stadium. Maidstone UTD are now in the process of building thier own which should open in time for next season. Not on the same grand scale as Dart's but it will be in thier home town at least. They are currently groundsharing with Sittingbourne. A godforsaken freezing cold shambles of a place.

We went to Sittingbourne some years ago in the Trophy, assuming that they still play at the ground with the hooligan moat.

Whatever happened to them?

They were another club with a backer who were going places then the next minute they are consigned to obscurity!

They too (like Maidstone and Dart's) are in the Ryman 1 South. Midtable.

We (Tonbridge Angels) went there for a PSF last August. Never known such a cold ground! It is a dump. Cannot get an atmosphere going. Luckily could see a little of the pitch from the bar as it was too cold in the middle of summer to venture out for the 2nd half! shocked

Even Maidstone get more fans travelling away than want to be home there!

Yes i was Laz.

Strange ground Chelmsford. On first impressions it was really nice. Excellent new bar. But, that huge racing track! Though the facilities are very good (if you like that kind of thing) it was just not like being at a Non League game. I love NL for the atmosphere and proximity to the pitch, you just don't get it there frown

That game, what a game of two halves! First half Chelmsford were superb. Played some really good footy. But then we tried to make a come back...

Remind me of the game! Was it three nil at half time?

There are a few running track grounds and I'm not a fan: Chelmo, Sittingbourne, Walton and H, Hornchurch.

At Chelmo it's one hell of a walk to the bar at halftime!