Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town to Copthall

Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
clip Rods, when is the official announcement of Kentish Town's move to Copthall Stadium going to happen? So many people on this forum are still waiting to hear this "secret".

Potters Bar Town - Didn't you read our Chairman's programme notes that I posted on another thread, if not here they are again and I have highlighted the relevant bit:

GREGG HAZELGROVE - YOUR CHAIRMAN

I start my penultimate programme notes for the 2006/2007 season by stating that the Club are very close to announcing where it will be playing next season and I hope to do this next Saturday when we ‘entertain’ Stony Stratford Town in an eagerly awaited encounter that will be played at Buckingham Athletic’s leafy Stratford Fields home where we only visited earlier this month playing out an 1-1 draw.
This season has been a struggle for us from start to finish and everyone at the Club deserves enormous credit for what we have achieved both on and off the field of play, one only needs to flick through this afternoon’s matchday magazine to see one good news press story after another including Worldwide recognition for our Head Coach Clement Temile.
In some ways it has been the Club’s most successful campaign since we were formed in 1994 however success comes at a price and due to the lack of facilities, with the groundshare agreement with Hendon Football Club falling through, and the lack of manpower to deal with wide ranging administration issues it has also been our toughest and morale was often at a low ebb. With the curtain about to fall on the season however we will all be able to take a step back and take stock before a new day dawns and we will start over again in August much the wiser for our experience this season in what has been a rollercoaster ride from day one.
On the field of play we were unlucky to go down 2-1 to Hoddesdon Town on 31 March in a ‘home’ fixture played at Lowfield and I would once again like to thank Hoddesdon, in particular their Chairman Roger Merton for all but handing over the keys to us on the day and instructing us to make ourselves at home. We then faced a long 120 mile round midweek trip to Buckingham Athletic and it was no surprise that we arrived less than half an hour before the scheduled kick off time. The Stratford Fields Club were the perfect hosts on the night in what was an enthralling contest however we were forced to return to London with just a point following a 1-1 stalemate having looked like taking all three when a Richard Lucas strike put us into a 68th minute lead.
As I said we return to Buckingham Athletic next Saturday in our final league game and I will ‘speak’ to you all again then.

The Amersham thing has done the rounds before, old lag, but a lot of influential people have been telling me it's Copthall. At the end of the day nobody really cares and they will have told the SSML one place or the other by now (unless they are being chucked out), but it's an excellent example of clip Rods saying something he doesn't actually mean ("you'll be the first to know").

Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
But I clearly remember you saying, more than once, that we would be the first to know.

You will be the first to know, apart from the SSML hierarchy that is.

i over heard the league official say it was copthall, so he is trying to build up something that everyone knows already! i am still at a loss wondering how they will pay for such a ground especially with reported KTFC cheques bouncing higher then Molton balls!!

I heard that the payment to Amersham is in the order of £10K - add to that match expenses and a possible managers budget and you are looking at circa 15K+ for the season, seems a lot to raise and is unlikley to be sustainable for very long.........or maybe the chairman will put it in personally.

old lag, it's definitely Copthall. At least, that's what they've told the SSML. Of course, they could have suddenly realised they can't afford Copthall's upkeep and changed their minds but, if they have, they will probably be looking for a new league to play in as the deadline for telling the SSML is long gone.

Potters Bar Town - I forgot to mention that Jeff was at Amersham Town on Tuesday, we had an interesting chat. Why didn't you ask him last Saturday where we are playing next season if you're that anxious to know.

Potters Bar Town - You're being predictable again, you've obviously been to a game tonight, got home about 11.00, switched on your computer and come on here whilst no doubt eating a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes.