Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rhodes

After all the fuss you made about Football Man (formerly PBT) posting under false pretences, I am led to believe "your" club is playing in the SSML under false pretences.

In view of your new ground's location (at least until the new year when you will no doubt be marched uncermoniously out of the gates) I think Barnetish Town would be a much better monicker. You can keep your nickname of the "bed linens" if you wish.

Interesting that you created this thread at 1.23 this afternoon and nobody has commented as yet, what does that tell you. You're slowly but surely becoming the laughing stock of this Forum since you returned, prodigal son like, last month from wherever you had been. To be honest I have always wondered about you from day one, as is the case with your colleagues Lato and Spidermanor as you never come across as overly enthusiastic about your beloved Ruislip Manor as true fans should. The jury is still out on The Saint however he appears to have a different mentality to the three of you and seems an okay sort of guy.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Interesting that you created this thread at 1.23 this afternoon and nobody has commented as yet, what does that tell you.

The thread was directed at you Rhodes and we were all awaiting your latest gems of wisdom.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
I've always found MB100 to be extremely passionate about his club

Yes right, like when Tommy Lambourne, the great Arthur Barker and Uduma Kalu arrived at Grosvenor Vale, he was really passionate then if I recall.

Yes right, like when Tommy Lambourne, the great Arthur Barker and Uduma Kalu arrived at Grosvenor Vale, he was really passionate then if I recall.

He wasn't a club official at that time, if I recall. Having said that, I don't recall him being particularly dispassionate about those players either. Do you have evidence to the contrary or will you be apologising again?

Pardon me for not being totally insane like you.

Please can you give me an example of something negative I have said regarding any of the above players. From recollection I think my only comment was on Tommy Lambourne's goal at Kingsbury which I described as the pick of all 5 quality goals scored that afternoon in our 4-1 win.

Anyway back to the subject matter. How long will it be before you are unceremoniously marched out of you latest "groundshare".
I recon you make make February this time.

Football Man - What do you mean he wasn't a club official at that time, what has that got to do with anything, he was still a supporter and supporters are supposed to be passionate about their teams come rain or shine. Come to think of it I don't recall ever seeing you in a state of ecstacy or jumping around when Potters Bar Town scored, I can't imagine you ever getting excited about anything.

what a surprise, rhodes doesn't answer a question and instead tries to defelct away by criticising other people. Talk about being able to read someone like a book!!

MB100 is incredibly passionate about Ruislip Manor, I have seen him wildly celebrate goals,wins and trophies. I can also recall him spending many long hours of his own time striving to keep the club going. What I cannot recall him doing is jumping ship to another nearby club to join their committee (though he has been asked!) and then slagging off at every turn the administration and supporters of the club he supposedly supports. I can't think of anyone who would do that can you??

Interesting that you created this thread at 1.23 this afternoon and nobody has commented as yet, what does that tell you. You're slowly but surely becoming the laughing stock of this Forum since you returned, prodigal son like, last month from wherever you had been. To be honest I have always wondered about you from day one, as is the case with your colleagues Lato and Spidermanor as you never come across as overly enthusiastic about your beloved Ruislip Manor as true fans should. The jury is still out on The Saint however he appears to have a different mentality to the three of you and seems an okay sort of guy.

Sorry I can't let this one go. Following Tom O'Shea standing down as chairman, MB, Lato and Spider, WERE Ruislip Manor so I don't think it's fair to question if they are 'true fans'. I know for a fact that they all put a large amount of time and their own money into the club. It is quite possible that RMFC could have folded at that time if it was not for them!

Perhaps you mistake their particular brand of humour for lack of commitment?

Well sorry if I have ruffled some feathers at Grosvenor Vale as obviously that wasn't my intention. Manorborn started this thread (under a false name) by taking the mickey un-necessarily out of Kentish Town but then doesn't appreciate it when I hit back and tell him a few home truths. I was not suggesting that the four of you namely, Manorborn, Lato, Spidermanor and The Saint aren't passionate about your Club as I'm sure you are and have done a great deal for them in the past however you just don't come across as passionate people that's all like the Arsenal fan at Old Trafford for example when Mark Overmars scored the winner some years ago, now that's passionate!

"To be honest I have always wondered about you from day one, as is the case with your colleagues Lato and Spidermanor as you never come across as overly enthusiastic about your beloved Ruislip Manor as true fans should." (posted by rhodes at 9.05pm on 24/5)

Then after some replys questioning the validity of the first statement we get this

"I was not suggesting that the four of you namely, Manorborn, Lato, Spidermanor and The Saint aren't passionate about your Club" (posted by rhodes at 10.36am on 26/5)

I think you were as the first post suggests rhodes. And that in microcosm sums you up really.

I suppose a true fan by your definition is one who slags everything off at the club he or she claims to support because they had a fall out with the administration!

Lato - I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, I'm sure a number of people who know you, Spidermanor and Manorborn would confirm that you don't 'talk up' your beloved Ruislip Manor and are not passionate in a sense of jumping up and down and hugging each other when they score. That's all I'm trying to say as I'm not doubting for one minute that you have done a lot for the Club in the past and still do, I can't speak for the Saint as I don't know him. The infamous Lambourne, great Arthur Barker and Uduma Kalu episode was a fine example as rather than being over the moon about their exciting arrival you seemed to be sick as parrots.

rhodes I am not going to go through all thay again but kindly read EVERYTHING said about those players before you make comments. Oh no sorry you can't can you because it doesn't agree with the propaganda that spews forth from rhodesworld.

Originally Posted By: Lato
it doesn't agree with the propaganda that spews forth from rhodesworld.

Other than some, or should I say most, of 3praise's posts this is possibly the craziest statement I've read on the Forum so far.
What propaganda is that you're referring to, you make it sound like something going back to World War II with the Nazi's, I hope this is not what you are insinuating.

Football Man - Well that wasn't intentional and anyway Lato has been all for talking about the Holocaust previously when the subject has raised its ugly head. Trust you to try and stir things up.

There are plenty of examples you could have given but, full well knowing Lato's Polish background, you chose to mention the Nazi's. How much more "intentional" could you be? And then you try to accuse me of stirring things up to deflect the attention away from your crass stupidity.

Propaganda is a type of message aimed at influencing the opinions or behavior of people. Often, instead of impartially providing information, propaganda can be deliberately misleading, or use fallacies, which, while sometimes convincing, are not necessarily valid. Propaganda techniques include: patriotic flag-waving, glittering generalities, intentional vagueness, oversimplification of complex issues, rationalization, introducing unrelated red herring issues, using appealing, simple slogans, stereotyping, testimonials from authority figures or celebrities, unstated assumptions, and encouraging readers or viewers to "jump on the bandwagon" of a particular ideology.

Here's a definition of propaganda - some of it sounds somewhat familiar to some things I've read somewhere, oh yes on here in your posts rhodes. I was using the term in its broadest sense but unfortunately you rhodes chose to interpret this with a Nazi slant because thats all you can obviously relate to the term. All governments use propaganda techniques in one form or another, the Allied powers were particularly prevalent in its use during WW2

Actually if you read my posts rhodes you would see that I prefer not to talk about WW2 basically because I am slowly discovering from my father some of the atrocities that occurred to ordinary Polish people in general and my family in particular during the conflict at the hands of the Nazis. Understandably he does not like to talk about it too much as it is extremly painful for him. I beleive with regard to the Holocaust I just reminded you that yes it was a tragedy that the Jewish peoples of Europe were systematically butchered but that other groups were also singled out too (homosexuals, mentally retarded people, the disabled, intellectuals, gypsies, the clergy, scout and youth groups to name but a few).