Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Too close for comfort

Returning from holiday and seeing on the news about the commuter who was shot rushing to the aid of a female security guard during a raid by a armed gang at Rayleigh station yesterday morning.

I know that area very well. My grandparents live barely 10 minutes away. My two best friends live a few streets away and often use the station around about that time to go to to work.

Some relatives of mine used to work for the taxi firm based at the station

I've even sometimes used that cashpoint.

Leaves you with a cold feeling when it's virtually on your doorstep.

Luckily it seems the guy is going to be OK. Just hope they catch the cretins who did it.

I saw about that on the Southern BBC News.

I wouldn't mind it was some crack-crazed youth after another fix.

Bring back the rope, I say !

I think it was a gang and it seems onvious that they had been watching the security van every morning bacause they knew exactly the time to strike.

Originally Posted By: Big J R
I saw about that on the Southern BBC News.

I wouldn't mind it was some crack-crazed youth after another fix.

Bring back the rope, I say !

Yeah BJR - I bet if they get caught and convicted the only rope they will see wil be the one in the fully equipped de-luxe Gym to which they have access along with TV, three square meals a day, counsellors, Adult education, access to as many drugs as they want...... Whilst the guy who got shot will probably get a handshake from the Chief Constable, £50 awarded from the public purse by the Judge for his Public spirited action and mental and physical scarring for life, whilst taking his place on an NHS waiting list if he's lucky.

And they wonder why we're cynical about British Justice!