Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hanlon to wield the axe

Hatboy

Nobody could have envisaged this, of course.

By the way Rob. Where does it say that Archer is/might be on his way, or was that just a guess on your part?

And one more thing. I don't know anything about football but if I were Ri(t)chie Hanlon, I wouldn't want to be signing six goalkeepers.

A different tone from the new Gaffer in that piece, methinks.

Originally Posted By: AFF
Apologies Rob. I've just re-read the thing and it mentions Archer in the second paragraph.

Hmnnnn.

The 'original' version at lunchtime today, reported Ram Marwa in the second paragraph, not Leon Archer !

This may explain some of the 'misread' comments on here.

Don't tell me, Archer is going back to Borehamwood for a 'much reduced fee' and we will play them in a pre-season friendly at there place next season ? Deja vu ?

If Archer is to leave, then I hope that Ri(t)chie has got at least 1 new 'experienced' striker lined up.

It was perfectly obvious that the budget following relegation and the commitment to the existing contract players was always going to be an issue for the new manager, and from his tone as much as the detail of what he says, it seems as though reality is dawning.

Frustrating news of the two injuries, and the changing of names by the Review is somewhat odd. I see that Marwa's name is included in the Review newspaper rather than Archer's. Hatboy will be pleased.

In his programme notes towards the end of last season, Gibbo referred to a number of the PASE players stepping up to play. Does anyone have any details of those lads?