Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Final Prediction League Positions

For some reason I decided to work out the final prediction league positions and here it is:

1)Rob The Saint:61

2)AFF:57

3)LAZ EFM:55

4)Helen C:54

5)Boot Cleaner EFM:50

6)Hatboy:50

7)Clarke is God:40

8)Electric~soul~:39

9)Yellow Fox:39

10)EFM The Firm The Voice:35

11)The Brotherhood:34

12)Altria:28

13)TomDavisPonyTail:17

14Exiled Saint:12

15)MarkCol:10

16)Brummie Dave:7

17)Gwyther:4

18)Northern Monkey:2

19)JfmSacfc:1

Congratulations to Rob The Saint.

Well done Boot Cleaner.

You have prevented what looked like a bit of a stitch-up between, Laz and Hatboy. Congratulations to Rob the Saint in his final season at the helm and well done to those others in the podium positions.

I think you should volunteer to do it for next season, too. Send a PM to that Webbo chap. Tell him that Rushden & Diamonds are interested and that he should discusss the appropriate basis of remuneration with your agent as you don't deal with that kind of stuff.

;0)

I have volunteered for it. I was thinking, how about i set up a charge for entering it say, £5, and at the end the winner gets a prize and second and third gets a prize.

If 20 people enter thats £100

£50 to the winner?

£35 to second place?

£15 to third place?

does that sound ok?

Or does anyone object to a charge?

The problem with a charge is quite simple. Getting the money is easier said than done. And then you have a problem if people want to join after a few weeks.

It might be better to work hard this season to encourage interest and get people to support it, and then suggest a charge and a prize for the season after.

Good luck with it Boot Cleaner.

I heard that Rushden have written to you with a pre-contract agreement for this coming season. That lap-dog Webbo needs to get a move on if he is to compete with them.

Originally Posted By: Boot CleanerEFM
For some reason I decided to work out the final prediction league positions and here it is:

5)Boot Cleaner EFM:50
6)Hatboy:50
7)Clarke is God:40
8)Electric~soul~:39
9)Yellow Fox:39
10)EFM The Firm The Voice:35
11)The Brotherhood:34
12)Altria:28
13)TomDavisPonyTail:17
14Exiled Saint:12
15)MarkCol:10
16)Brummie Dave:7
17)Gwyther:4
18)Northern Monkey:2
19)JfmSacfc:1

Congratulations to Rob The Saint.

Why don't I appear on the table? I was doing pretty well in the competition and hardly missed a prediction during the season. By my estimate I'm should certainly be in the top ten.

Time for a recount!

For some reason I decided to work out the final prediction league positions.

As a fully paid up member of the St Albans City Supporters Club last season my predictions should certainly be included in the final table especially as I predicted well.

When will you be doing the correct final table?

Originally Posted By: AFF
You will probably find that Rule 37, sub-section ©, paragraph (iii) as qualified by the 2003 Amendment 17(ii)(f) applies in your case, DofY.

Watch it AFF - when the correct final table is published, you may find I beat you to 2nd place. I suppose I did have an advantage last season as I predicted with my head and not heart!

The amendment to Rule 37 as quoted up there prohibits York City and closet Enfield fans from the final table save in certain circumstances of course.

Oh, by the way, DofY. I was intrigued at your reference to your membership of the Supporters Club last year, Did you take a medical and calculate that the Lifetime Memebership package wasn't one for you, or did you fear that the job was unlikely to be permanent?

;o)

Originally Posted By: AFF
...or did you fear that the job was unlikely to be permanent?

I was concerned about the length of time I would be at the club when the Chairman confirmed that the role was only offered part-time and without premises to work from in the city.

I see that the new Commercial Team of Nick Archer and Tony Keen are already bigging up the task involved at the raising the commercial activity at the Clarence Park...

"Former Harpenden Town Chairman Nick Archer said: "We are very focused on the commercial aspect, the sponsorship sides and positive promotion. It is good that there is two of us because this is a very big job. I am very pleased to be involved”.

Only the chairman can decide how the money will be spent but hopefully the sponsorship and commercial work we can do will give us funding to add to the potential”

I hope the new team’s commercial acumen is better than their command of English Grammar!

Any news on that correct version of the final table? There’s something a little BBC about how the prediction league was being scored!

• 3 weeks later...

5)Duke of York: 52
6)Boot Cleaner EFM:50
7)Hatboy:50
8)Clarke is God:40
9)Electric~soul~:39
10)Yellow Fox:39
11)EFM The Firm The Voice:35
12)The Brotherhood:34