Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Just to prove my age

pabird

Just to prove that it was always better in the past and I really am a boring old fart did anyone watch that fairy Savage "playing" for Birmingham V Villa last night

Give me one wish and for his next game I would change the rules reference tackling back to the 60s and watch any reasonable half-back take him to pieces in minutes

"Hard man" he is a primping disgrace who would not get out of the tunnel confronted by the likes of Dave Makay, Tommy Smith, Johnny Giles, Norman Hunter or even his manager Bruce

How the likes of Greaves,Best,Marsh etc must wish they were playing today

That's the trouble with you, pabird, you will sit on the fence on important issues. Why don't you state your case!

BTW Haven't seen the word 'primping' since I did a design course at college, many, many years ago.

i also thought the modern premiership player was a wussie..until one day a friend of mine took me to arsenal chelsea.. i had a seat right at the front and after watching hasslebank and dixon smack into each other chasing a ball about 8 feet in front of me i changed my opinion immediatly.. i think it looks poncier now but the speed of it all is so much more than it used to be..having said that, i think the modern ball should be replaced with the old 15 pound 1/4 inch thick leather number laced together with piano wire..

And soaked in a bucket of mud for the period of one hour before kick-off

Never understood how the lace was always "face forward" as if compass led

I agree reference the pace of the modern game but am unable to tolerate the modern version of swan lake where a sniper could have no more dramatic effect than the half tackle or the pushing together of foreheads

I used to hate the sight of the brown soaking wet lump of leather hurtling toward me knowing that I had to head the thing. I still have a couple of scars on me nut to this day to show for my efforts. O yes and weren't shin pads a classic in those days, I had to make my very own first pair! What about the studs picked up in the legs after a slide tackle!!They say pain seems to last in the memory forever!