Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Caretaker Manager

It's probably one of those 'Lucky Programme' competitions, Boot Cleaner. If you buy one and the name of the club is correct throughout - St Albans City - you get to be manager for the day.

If no-one comes forward, or if the lucky winner is wearing a blue and white Stortford scarf, I expect that it will be 'The Three C's' sitting in Committee. If we win, I think we should stick to that arrangement all the way to Wemberlee. Only for cup games, mind. The League is a horse of a different colour.

I have to say that I am gripped by cup fever this week. Bring on the Stort.

Originally Posted By: AFF
It's probably one of those 'Lucky Programme' competitions, Boot Cleaner. If you buy one and the name of the club is correct throughout - St Albans City - you get to be manager for the day.

Obviously, you were right!

No, no, no, Laz. Obviously, Gibbo or the Executive in charge of Scanning the Message Boards more likely, didn't appreciate the suggestion of the Mangaer for the Day being selected by means of a Lucky Programme competition.

Steve Castle is one of "Thr Three C's", of course, and as someone had to do the technical area bit, he was the one.

I assume that Dave Anderson was in the ground on Satrurday. It would have been a moment of theatre if he had stepped from the crowd at half-time and taken over to mastermind victory.

No! Wait! Perhaps he purchased the Lucky Programme and has been appointed to the post proper as a result.

Whatever. Good luck to him from me. He has a helluva job on his hands.