Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Copthall Stadium Thread

I'll believe it when I see it, obviously you're not going to come to a game at the Copthall Stadium knowing that I'll be there and you won't exactly be flavour of the month with Gregg and Frank following your comments on here

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Having said that I still sense an element of sour grapes on your part at Kentish Town succeeding where 'the mighty' Hendon failed in securing the Copthall Stadium and I also sense this whenever I speak to Graham on the phone. Afterall you didn't know that your life span at Claremont Road would be extended considerably particularly as the bulldozers were already parked up outside on 22 April 2006 following your 1-0 defeat against AFC Wimbledon.

I can honestly say you sense wrong. Come down to Claremont Road, and ask people as they come into the ground. I can't think of a single one that's around now that wants to make a move to Copthall - pretty much everyone I know at the club, including the footballing staff, would rather play at a football ground than an athletics ground with a football pitch. However, the whole thing's academic anyway for the reasons that I've already discussed.

Incidentally, on 22nd April 2006, the bulldozers weren't "parked up" in any sense of the phrase - the ground was expected to be available to the club for at least the start of the following season, but we were expecting to move out into a groundshare anyway (Copthall had long fallen off our radar as a realistic option by then, despite the concil's remaining interest). For various reasons that I can't go into that didn't happen and we remain at Claremont Road.

Greg Dyke - I see that you saw the article in Non League yesterday, what did you think, Arsenal are chasing us as opposed to the other way around

no such thing as a free lunch CR

Just keep away from any charitable offers of a signed ball and shirt...that's my advice duck

Greg Dyke - You don't need to tell me that, did I tell you that I am working hand in hand with Gary Broadhurst at Spurs at the moment on a number of Community initiatives and we have discussed the signed shirt and ball issue at length

Gary is confident that 'Sugar' did pick up the signed shirt and ball but unfortunately can't prove it and there was no CCTV in the Community office where they were waiting for collection. Gary has 'Sugars' number though for future reference and he has burned his bridges with Spurs in terms of future collaboration, not that's he's interested anyway.

• 3 months later...
Eagles1981 - Do you know yet whether you will still be at Reynolds Field next season

Special1 - You have avoided this question like the plague for months now, what is the state of play and how much do Hanwell Town want from Sport London e Benfica so you can continue to ply your trade at Reynolds Field, I expect there will be a considerable increase of at least 3k as they know they will get it.