Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Copthall Stadium Thread

Eagles1981 - Do you know yet whether you will still be at Reynolds Field next season

This has not been in question despite your efforts of trying to make it an issue!

What you 'revealed' was 'old news' for us and although it may affect the usage of the land in the long term, the forecast for the forseeable future continues to be 'business as usual'.

Now with regards to Copthall and Kentish Town, you never did get back to us regarding the rugby club moving in?

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
Now with regards to Copthall and Kentish Town, you never did get back to us regarding the rugby club moving in?

What Rugby Club, I think you are just trying to deflect attention away from your predicament which I think is far worse than you are letting on

I can't say I have but I would have thought there was little or no chance of that whilst we're there, where do Hendon Rugby Club play at the moment out of interest. Actually I didn't even know there was a Rugby Club in Hendon but clearly they have pricked up their ears knowing we're there and think they might pull a fast one, why can't they groundshare at Claremont Road.

Like I said they have clearly pricked up their ears knowing we're there and want a piece of the action, why didn't they try to get their foot in the door before now

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Like I said they have clearly pricked up their ears knowing we're there and want a piece of the action, why didn't they try to get their foot in the door before now

I bet they've never heard of you!

Whether they have or haven't is irrelevant as they won't be getting a look in at the stadium

Originally Posted By: SteveR
Hendon RFC have been looking to play in the stadium for years. When we were looking at going there, one suggestion was a threeway share between us, Hendon RFC and Shaftesbury Harriers

Really, so how come Kentish Town got to play there then and they didn't

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Whether they have or haven't is irrelevant as they won't be getting a look in at the stadium

Surely KTFC would be open to a groundshare agreement? After all, many clubs over the last 3 seasons have extended the hand of friendship to Kentish Town, including my own, which has not only allowed them to play their home games but also stopped the club from folding!!

Isn't the above comment a little hypocritical Rhodes? How soon ye forget.....

Yes perhaps but the decision isn't ours to make and clearly Hendon Rugby Club aren't wanted at the Stadium if, as SteveR says, and I quote, 'they've been looking to play at the stadium for donkeys years'

• 2 months later...
Originally Posted By: SteveR
Rhodes - you play at Copthall, and you don't know where Hendon Rugby Club play? Suggest you look around a bit closer on Saturday afternoon.

SteveR - Just coming back to your proposed moved to the Copthall Stadium if I may, I'm still somewhat curious as to why such a high figure of between 500k and 1M was estimated (see link) as we've spent nowhere near that and were welcomed with open arms, as far as I'm aware the ground would have easily met Ryman Premier Division criteria so what would the 500k to 1M have been spent on:

http://www.hfctrust.co.uk/press.php?page=nonleaguepaper