Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weymouth sold again

Ian_W

Blue Square Premier club Weymouth have been bought out for the second time in four months.

Mel Bush, who took over from Martyn Harrison, has completed a deal to sell the club to Wessex Park Limited.

Bush said: "Since taking over, other business commitments have demanded increased focus and draws on my time.

"After much thought and discussion with key stakeholders, I felt that the club would benefit from a new leadership structure."

He added in a statement: "I am delighted to say that that within Wessex Park Ltd, headed by local businessman Malcolm Curtis, we have a team that can continue to drive the club forward to reach the objectives which we have already set-out to achieve and to the ongoing success of the club."

Curtis said: "The overriding objective behind the transfer of ownership is to secure the ongoing success and prosperity of the club and this will remain to be the case as we move forward.

"I am committed to ensuring that the club moves forward without distractions.

"And I would like to reassure all key parties that the club's future is at the heart of this deal and any future decisions that are made will always have the clubs best interest at the forefront."