Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 13th Nov

TUESDAY 13th

HERTS SENIOR CUP FIRST ROUND

Hertford Town 1-0 Sawbridgeworth Town

London Colney 0-4 Bishops Stortford

St Margaretsbury 0-5 Ware

LONDON SENIOR CUP SECOND ROUND

Romford 2-1 aet Hoddesdon Town

MIDDLESEX SENIOR CUP FIRST ROUND

Kingsbury Lndn Tigers 0-4 Edgware Town

Hanwell Town 1-2 Wembley

MIDDLESEX SENIOR CHARITY CUP

FIRST ROUND

Harefield United 5-1 Northwood

NORTH BEDS CHARITY CUP FIRST ROUND

Cranfield United 1-0 aet Biggleswade United

PREMIER DIVISION

Broxbourne Boro V&E 5-2 Langford

Tring Athletic 7-0 Cockfosters

Welwyn Garden City 3-0 Holmer Green

DIVISION ONE

Royston Town 3-4 Kentish Town

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

Hoddesdon Town 2-1 Sawbridgeworth Town

Good game tonight at Broxbourne! Went 1-0 down and then 2-1 up before half time. Danny Ward and Bradley Drisdale got the goals, Langford equalised straight after half time but then we bossed the rest of the game and should have scored more, Gaz Dauti, Tony Burke (unbelieveable goal) and Paul Dodd completing the scoring!

Langford were very good going forward but shocking at the back.

We've took 14 out of 18 points in the last 6 games and are climbing the league slowly after a very bad start! Long may it continue.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Royston Town 3-4 Kentish Town

Evening all, I'm surprised and disappointed no one has congratulated us as yet for being top of division 1 tonight!
I'm just making a start on the match report and will post it later on.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
How come you predicted Kentish to lose though?

I think it was the only prediction I got wrong tonight wasn't it. I just felt that Royston had turned the corner following their 3-1 win at Brache Sparta on Saturday however the opposite is the case and the Club were in turmoil. Their Chairman, Secretary, Manager and Programme Editor had all left and there was no programme tonight, fortunately they have some good Committee people still onboard to steady the ship and they had just appointed a new Manager but they have an uphill task for the rest of the season.

But a great night for Kentish Town in leafy Cambridgeshire, are Kentish Town adopting a score more goals than the opposing team & we will win the game attitude judging by the goals for & against?

Kind of like a certain managers attitude from the early nineties in the Premiership?

I thought Horace said that Royston was in Hertfordshire.

Yes that's absolutely right and a philosophy that Hector Varela has brought to the Club this season probably on the back of the years he spent in Holland learning his trade, either that or he's an admirer of Ossie Ardiles approach to Coaching. We played some scintilating football tonight as you will soon read about in the report, Lee Scott got another two and it's quite frightening to think he is still only 40% fit if that.

Eagles1981 - Many thanks for that, it's much appreciated, lets put last Saturday behind us now and agree that the best team won on the day.

Incidentally I have just noticed the reported crowd figure at Royston tonight of 20, I smell a rat as it was well in access of 100 and possibly even 150!

I was referring to Kevin Keegan at Newcastle & we still won nowt, thought that Ossie Ardiles adopted the diamond formation he did at Newcastle as a manager? I will have a word with Ossie the next time he's at Hertford.

The teams behind you still have a couple of games in hand though don't they?

Perhaps I could bring 'the great one' and Hector Varela to Hertford for a game sometime when Ossie is going to be there so I could take some photos for their portfolio's.

I'm not worried about the teams behind us in the table, in particular Hoddesdon Town and we all know that Haringey Borough will end up shooting themselves in the foot before too long with 'Sugar' at the helm, besides I would much rather have points in the bag than game in hand, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!