Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 13th Nov

Edgware normally play a 3-5-2 formation. Potters Bar Town did NOT win the SSML treble, they won the a SSML double, but I think their other trophy that season was the Potters Bar charity cup.

Edgware won the SSML Prem league, the SSML Challenge trophy and Prem cup, thus writing themselves into the SSML records as the first club to EVER record this feat smile

I really can't take the credit for the pic as originator is a bit shy so passed it over to me!

Originally Posted By: Gavin
Hello smile Dont worry I AM behaving myself wink

I liked that pic you made of me looking through the fence at Edgware, they have boarded that up now LOL

I was however allowed back INSIDE the ground last Saturday smile
Glad it's all sorted out, stick with it Gavin Edgware look like they are going places & will have a stronger case when it comes to the White Lion Ground.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Potters Bar Town did NOT win the SSML treble, they won the a SSML double, but I think their other trophy that season was the Potters Bar charity cup.

The QUADRUPLE that Potters Bar Town won was SSML Premier Division, SSML Prem Div Cup, Herts Charity Shield & Potters Bar Charity Cup.

Herts Charity Shield & Potters Bar Charity Cup.

Fair enough, but it was NOT a SSML treble! and the Potters Bar Charity cup, sounds Mickey Mouse, reminds me of the Harrow Charity cup that used to be played for in pre season between Edgware/Harrow Borough/Wstone/Northwood a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: blues06
By the way Gav, have edgware got a little arrangement with
W-Garden City, Some of last years players have played for them, Morton, Rispoli, Wallace!

Thats right, Steve Brady is there as well. Wallace and Morton are back at Edgware. Wallace scored last night at Kingsbury, Morton is still getting match fit.

Originally Posted By: blues06
sounds like a clever litte arrangement! do u not have a ressies at edgware?

No, so this is indeed a good way to keep the players match fit, give them first team compettive football and also help WGC.

Well done to Kenish Town FC and Rhodes, on going top of the league. All the best and hope you can win promotion smile

Gavin - Thanks, our door is always open for you if you ever change your mind or have another falling out at the White Lion and want to join us, as you know we're a Club going places.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Cranfield United 1-0 aet Biggleswade United

Surely the result of the night on Tuesday if not the season so far!

Yes but even with a complete Reserve team Biggleswade should beat Cranfield United every day of the week

Quote:

Welwyn Garden City 3 Holmer Green 0
Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division
Turned up at the ground at around 19:20 to find floodlights on and two teams warming up - always a good sign! However there was no sign of anybody taking gate money. Myself and another hopper hung around the entrance and waited.....and waited......watched the teams and ref come out and line up......eventually we saw a club official and asked about who we should pay. His answer was that due to illness they were shortstaffed and that we should just go on in and enjoy the game. We told him that this seemed, well, wrong, but he wouldn't take any money.
We then asked about programmes and a boxful were produced, and again they wouldn't take any money!
The game itself was quite scrappy until midway into the first half when WGC took control scoring three before half-time, including one of the best executed volleys I have ever seen.
I am sure that somebody must have switched the entire Holmer Green team for a different 11 players during the break because the way they made a game of it bore no resemblence to their lacklustre first 45.
Unfortunately they had left themselves too much to do and were unable to get a result (Apart from a defeat of course which is a result I suppose)
Anyway that was ground #399. All being well #400 should be Colliers Wood United this evening.

A groundhopper on another's site attended Welwyn Garden City v Holmer Green on Tuesday and gives an interesting summary.