Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games Off....

What are the chances of games being off tomorrow? Another night like last night could lead to quite a few cancellations I reckon.

Would suit me as last day of my suspension!

NeutralFan - You're right to raise concerns, I think the Haringey Borough v Bedford game must already be in serious doubt

It rained heavily where I live last night, as it's just a stones throw from the hallowed Coles Park turf it's blatantly obvious that this will put the game in doubt particularly if there's more rain today and tomorrow morning

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It rained heavily where I live last night, as it's just a stones throw from the hallowed Coles Park turf it's blatantly obvious that this will put the game in doubt particularly if there's more rain today and tomorrow morning

Strange how the rain missed all the areas just around you!

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than start a new thread with exactly the same title I thought we could use this one again for tomorrow when news starts filtering through from grounds, such as Copthall Stadium for example, following mid morning pitch inspections.

I was thinking more on the lines of 3praise and 'Sugar' who will no doubt be glued to their computer screens from 10.30am for news to come through on the pitch inspection. I'm out early in the morning as I've got a high profile funding meeting in Hamstead before going to the Copthall Stadium if indeed our game is on, if not I will divert to Broxbourne to watch the Reserves.

I'll drop into an internet cafe if it's off and post a quick message on this thread, as there was no overnight rain I think we will be okay

I'm out early in the morning as I've got a high profile funding meeting in Hamstead before going to the Copthall Stadium if indeed our game is on, if not I will divert to Broxbourne to watch the Reserves.

Is that Rhodespeak for "I'm popping in to a local shop to see if they will take a quarter page advert in the programme" ?

Haringey v Hoddesdon is off!

There's a surprise!

Originally Posted By: Horace
I can save you the trouble -the game will definitely be on

Horace - Why did you say that out of interest.
Unfortunately our fixture this afternoon against Arlesey Athletic has fallen foul of the inclement weather we have been experiencing of late and the local Referee we called in had no option but to shake his head as soon as he set eyes on the hallowed Copthall Stadium turf. Apologies for any disappointment caused, I see the Haringey v Hoddesdon game is also off although that is hardly a surprise.

Originally Posted By: Horace
I can save you the trouble -the game will definitely be on

Horace - Why did you say that out of interest.
Unfortunately our fixture this afternoon against Arlesey Athletic has fallen foul of the inclement weather we have been experiencing of late and the local Referee we called in had no option but to shake his head as soon as he set eyes on the hallowed Copthall Stadium turf. Apologies for any disappointment caused, I see the Haringey v Hoddesdon game is also off although that is hardly a surprise.

Was based on the assumption that your pitch was better than our much maligned pitch, which was 100% certain of staging a game today, after minimal work by a 63 year old heart patient