Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Play offs.

Mini Goose

a good day, i felt like crap all Sunday. Mel was my man of the match, some amazing saves and never stopped making sure the defence were doing their job. brilliant crowd even though it may have been boosted a little by parents coming to watch their kids in the youth teams run around the pitch (well done to all of those by the way). roll on Tuesday and hopefully we will be in the Premier League by the end of the week

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: ken
brilliant crowd even though it may have been boosted a little by parents coming to watch their kids in the youth teams run around the pitch (well done to all of those by the way). roll on Tuesday and hopefully we will be in the Premier League by the end of the week

That is why we must do more to get the families involved, gulliver, free sweets, kids section in programe, sponsored half time penalty shoot outs, free tickets to primary schools for good attendance at school, family tickets, family season tickets, players and club officials turning up at youth matches over methane or waterside. Things like that, presentations not in the bar although that drags in parents they should be on the pitch at half time.

We have been in touch with all of the schools on the island and will certainly be looking to distibute tickets next season. The take up by the kids was never that great in the Conference, but it's worth a go.

Batchy has gone and watched quite a few youth games this year from the U8's to U18's. The youngsters especially seem to get a kick out of the CIFC Manager watching them from the sidelines.

Gulliver makes the odd appearance, but it's finding someone who can commit to regularly doing it and is of the right height to fit into the suit. Any takers? As for free sweets, this is a bit of a conflict with the sweet shop which brings in money, so we have to be careful there.

Presentation nights also bring in money that cannot be turned down. As great as it would be to have presentations on the pitch, we would be missing out on revenue that these evening generate. We have a lot of these booked in over May and June, so the venue is proving successful. In fact, I did the announcing at Benfleet Villa's U10's do at the club last Friday, and Batchy came along to present the trophys (most of the team is coming over to form a new Canvey U11's next season.)

The idea of family tickets is an interesting one, and one that could certainly be looked into during the close season I'm sure.

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
We have been in touch with all of the schools on the island and will certainly be looking to distibute tickets next season. The take up by the kids was never that great in the Conference, but it's worth a go.

Batchy has gone and watched quite a few youth games this year from the U8's to U18's. The youngsters especially seem to get a kick out of the CIFC Manager watching them from the sidelines.

Gulliver makes the odd appearance, but it's finding someone who can commit to regularly doing it and is of the right height to fit into the suit. Any takers? As for free sweets, this is a bit of a conflict with the sweet shop which brings in money, so we have to be careful there.

Presentation nights also bring in money that cannot be turned down. As great as it would be to have presentations on the pitch, we would be missing out on revenue that these evening generate. We have a lot of these booked in over May and June, so the venue is proving successful. In fact, I did the announcing at Benfleet Villa's U10's do at the club last Friday, and Batchy came along to present the trophys (most of the team is coming over to form a new Canvey U11's next season.)

The idea of family tickets is an interesting one, and one that could certainly be looked into during the close season I'm sure.

John said he would come over and watch the U8s and he didn't disapoint, the boys were really pleased that the Canvey boss had watched them and it had a positive effect on them. As far as I see, things are starting to happen between the club and the youth sides and next season the ties will get stronger and stronger, it is important that we unite as one BIG club. I know that for some of the presentations some of the players have been approached to hand out the trophies and have accepted willingly. A big thank you also to Mark O, who came over on Saturday morning and took a session with the U8s, put them through their paces a bit and got his ankles chewed for his troubles!!!!!!