Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Well done Canvey :)

Ian_W

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Maybe the 29th perhaps?

Isn't that the night of the Tony Gale/Ron Harris thing, Glen?

Great topic, and one which I hope to add some ideas to over the next couple of days, havent got my thinking head on yet, but count me in for whatever it takes to build this into the club we all want

Firstly I think it helps being in the Ryman Premier as our fixtures will now appear on Sky Sports News so the fairweather fan can see from their sofa whether we're at home and if the Sun is shining they may take a wander down to Park Lane.

Then the things the Club need to maintain/build upon are:

Communication within the Community - Anywhere the Club could have it's name seen/heard, ie. newspapers, newsletters, flyers, posters, radio air-time, school/sports/social presentations.

A couple of suggestions of various costs would be to have volunteeers distributing fixture lists to homes across the island. Or rewards for pupils at schools, such as a free entry ticket as a drawn prize for students who achieve consecutive 100% attendances, etc.

Park Lane - The operating hub of the Club, this should be the Mecca for every fan. Where the team had risen so high through the leagues, it feels like the surroundings have been left behind. Now the Club have taken this on board with the bar and catering improvements.

Now I don't expect us to build a replica of Chelsea Village in a couple seasons, but I wonder though if it could be considered over a term of a few seasons (5-ish) extending the Clubhouse's depth by a few metres bringing it closer to the road by the away fans turnstile? As mentioned above, this could bring in some natural lighting and possibly create an alternate entrance for patrons whenever a match isn't held. Obviously finances and resources providing, we can then look at refurbishing other parts of the ground over coming years such as the toilets and Sea Wall end of the ground.

I'll probably think of a couple more bits at another time that I'll mention when they come to me.

Press and PR are a tricky game but one that is quite possible to achieve, the club needs to do something that will get it into the paper once a week (and not just the back pages). Everything that the club does should be told to evening echo and other local papers (the yellow advertiser and standard recorder hardly mention us). We are giving an award to a local kid call the papers, a player is running a marathon in Brazil, call the papers. Linny has decided to change his name to Lindsey, call the papers. The connection with the local papers is a must, they should be calling us every week to find out what is happening. Nothing actually happens on the island and they are constantly looking for news. Plus local free papers are very handy for getting flyers out (a great idea). Talk to them, find out what we can offer them in the form of a favour and see what deals can be made. PR is all about greasing palms and doing favors

Plus someone mentioned that Lawrence Llewellyn bloke. TV shows are a great idea. They are making countless makeover shows on all types of channels, both main channels and dodgy little ones. We are a club with a history and overcoming problems and people like that for TV shows as it makes their programme more interesting and they need that as most makeover shows are dull. Write and phone every one, tell them about the club and see what they will do.

Had a thought this afternoon on my lunch break....

What would it take to have a banner made up ie, Canvey Island FC Ryman Playoff Champions 07/08 and have it hung outside Penn Sports during the close season?

Would have to get permission from that, might be a problem as they asked us to remove the match advertising board that was on the fence previously when the new owners took over. Worth asking though.

Aslo the course is castle point golf course so getting some link with them would be useful because that appeals to castle point. I think the best thing to do is arrange a meeting and get people to go along and sort out ideas and move these into action