Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Braintree Town

ronin

As players come in, some will inevitably leave. Will be a shame to see whoever leaves go, as we have a great set of lads who have all become part of the club.

Can't see Ryan or Clydie playing for us next season, and Chris and Danny definitely won't be.

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Can't see Ryan or Clydie playing for us next season, and Chris and Danny definitely won't be.

Out of those four, I think I'm only slightly aggrieved at losing Bourne, purely because looking at the squad I've listed above, we're looking a bit lacking on the left. I thought maybe Bourne could've been first choice left-back this season.

To be honest, I'd like to see us build a defence of defenders this year, and I always felt Bourney was more of an attacking player.

And he thought that as well which caused us problems at the back.

Was very impressed with last nights performance, I thought we played very well and liked the look of the trialists. A SPECIAL mention must go out about the performance of David Lee, thought he was quality. Good to see Gabs back, as usual, he was top class, and Lucky was a menace again. Missed his goal though, heard it was class.

Chelmsford looked a different class to Braintree, last night was a bit more of a leveller for us and gives me great confidence that we can more than hold our own in the Premier league.

Just been reading the Welling forum, where it appears Chris Moore has departed with legend status.

Mark Nougher seems to have frequented the scoresheet for Erith & Belvedere.

Can't find anything on Jonathan Edwards, only his athletic name-sake.

Having looked at your squad I think you would do ok next season I think Chirs moore would be a very good signing for your lot as he as experience in the top tier of non-league and was highly rated at welling and with the likes of mustafa you look decent at the back

Also was this the same braintree side that beat southends first team

Moore seems to be well thought of at most of the clubs he has been at.

Did very well for both Hornchurch and Gravesend.

As players come in, some will inevitably leave. Will be a shame to see whoever leaves go, as we have a great set of lads who have all become part of the club.

Seems Chris Bourne could be playing against us in the Trophy this season!

Taken from the BBC website:

Kettering in talks over Gash move

Cambridge City have accepted an offer for striker Michael Gash from Blue Square Premier new-boys Kettering Town.

Gash, 21, has been interesting a number of sides following City's enforced demotion to the Southern League.

The Lilywhites board have confirmed Kettering met their valuation of the player, but personal terms are yet to be agreed.

Meanwhile, Cambridge United and Ebbsfleet are still leading the chase to sign midfielder Josh Simpson.

City are still on the hunt for new recruits with right winger Chris Bourne agreeing non-contract terms with the club after spending three years with Canvey Island.

Last week manager Gary Roberts secured the services of former Ware man Danny Spendlove, whilst midfielder Mark E'Beyer also re-signed for the Lilywhites.

Neil Midgley and Dave Theobald have signed on non-contract terms along with versatile Matty Haniver who arrives at the club after being released by local rivals Histon.

Certainly will hold our own in the Ryman Premier. Would love to see us sign David Lee and Moore.