Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Barry George

Interested to get members views on the dramatic release of Barry George yesterday when he was unanimously acquitted by an Old Bailey jury.

I ws always a little uneasy about that one...he is a nutter right enuff there is no doubt about that but all of the evidence was circumstantial and there is no doubt that the killing was a professional hit...(as was announced in the early days of the investigation) hardly in the list of skills of one barry george..

barry george is a fantasist who wandered the streets of london pretending to be connected with the glitterati...the killer would have been a professional paid by someone that had a grudge against the crimewatch programme and its presenters...

it is a known fact that police never investigated the possible suspects that fell into that catagory...

Unc - Yes it's true that there were a number of theories including:

1. The killing was ordered by a vengeful underworld Mr Big who was jailed after one of Miss Dando's Crimewatch programmes, I'm not sure but was Kenny Noye convicted by then.

2. A Serbian hitman shot her on the orders of a warlord because she had recently made an appeal for Kosovan refugees.

3. A jealous ex-lover murdered her.

Personally I think it was non of the above and George is guilty.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
I ws always a little uneasy about that one...he is a nutter right enuff there is no doubt about that but all of the evidence was circumstantial and there is no doubt that the killing was a professional hit...(as was announced in the early days of the investigation) hardly in the list of skills of one barry george..

barry george is a fantasist who wandered the streets of london pretending to be connected with the glitterati...the killer would have been a professional paid by someone that had a grudge against the crimewatch programme and its presenters...

it is a known fact that police never investigated the possible suspects that fell into that catagory...

I agree with you 100% Uncs!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Unc - Yes it's true that there were a number of theories including:
1. The killing was ordered by a vengeful underworld Mr Big who was jailed after one of Miss Dando's Crimewatch programmes, I'm not sure but was Kenny Noye convicted by then.
2. A Serbian hitman shot her on the orders of a warlord because she had recently made an appeal for Kosovan refugees.
3. A jealous ex-lover murdered her.
Personally I think it was non of the above and George is guilty.

I certainly go with Theory 1.

Certain people, even they are doing porridge courtesy of Her Maj, still have the power to order mayhem and retribution whilst languishing in a cell !

A friend of ours is a prisoner officer on a 'Lifers' wing in a certain London nick. Some of the stories he relates are seriously worrying !

Originally Posted By: RamsgateSixty
And wheres your evidence, to say that he is guilty, or is one of your fantasies

RamsateSixty - If Barry George isn't guilty of Jill Dando's muder then I'm a Dutchman, here are just four of many things that would suggest it was a grave mistake to clear him yesterday:
1. He is a convicted sex offender with a record for attempted rape and indecent assault, he served 18 months of a 33 month sentence for rape in 1983/1984.
2.Armed with a 12" hunting knife and dressed up as Rambo he once tried to break into Kensington Palace to see Princess Diana.
3. Previous girlfriends and his ex wife claim that he subjected them to regular beatings and engaged in violent sex.
4. Prior to the murder, an individual known as Mr Bulsara visited an estae agents saying he wanted to view properties in the road Jill Dando then lived in, by coincidence her propety was then up for sale with that particular estate agent.
I rest my case.

there is no doubt that BG was convicted of a rape assault some 20 odd years ago and that conviction came to light after he was found guilty of the dando murder 8 years ago...it follows therefore that the sun newspapers comments regarding the appeal judges not knowing about it is the usual sun bollox...

there is no doubt that he was a very strange man that fantasised about publicly spotlighted women..stalked diana with a ski mask on in a well lit street full of armed police officers for which he was never charged so hardly a threat as the sun suggests... and he dressed up as an sas assault trooper with fake guns etc etc...well we have seen a bit of that recently with the formula one nazi spanker and he's just copped for 60 grand....

yes BG is very strange indeed and almost certifiable one would suggest but that doesn't make him a murderer and the flimsy circumstantial evidence that convicted him was shamlessly concoted by the lazy investigating police officers who probably knew who had ordered the hit but didn't want to get involved and jeopordise their own safety and that of their families...BG was an easy fit in their prime suspect profile...

now it matters not if he was or was not guilty..what does matter is that there was not enough evidence to justly convict him which is why he is now free on the streets...he may well represent a danger to the public and perhaps the police have a duty of care to keep a close eye on him and ensure that he is detained under the mental health act if he gets up to any more harrasment nonsense..

in the meantime... somewhere in darkest underworld circles someone has said...

oh fck...

as for sure that was a professional assassination..

Originally Posted By: RamsgateSixty
Dutchman eh, hallo van helsling... rite no 1- 3, whats that got to do with the case.. no 4 also isnt a crime... you are dutch, double dutch... nothing you said he can be tried on - have you the proof.. or like i suspect you got from the gossipy newspapers,........... i rest the case....

You're clearly just saying that because it's me, if anyone else had posted the four points I made you would have agreed wholeheartedly.

Why do I need proof, you only need to look at Barry George to know he killed Jill Dando, I certainly don't buy the hired hitman theory as Jill was everyone's best friend.

I think you are being a little unfair here 60 as the thread was started by rhodes to garner opinion...mine is that BG did NOT kill dando...rhodseys view is that he DID....many will agree with him I am sure...many will disagree for various reasons...

I am sure that you have your opinion also...

its a thread about opinions which is what the pub is for...not a court of law where proof is required...smile

ive never made any secret of the fact that i write to convicted criminals in my spare time,ive now been a penpal of peter sutcliffe[he hates being called the ripper} for 7 years when will this gentle,misunderstood individual be released?? hes in prison for one reason,hes different and society cant tolerate anyone who deviates from the norm.

Have you ever written to Kenny Noye