Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-September 18 )

• Photo
    Matt

• Photo
    R9Ronaldo

• Photo
    MarkCol

• Photo
    whatever55

• Photo
    bostonpilgrims

• Photo
    Chris Clapham

• Photo
    Puggy

• Photo
    Mews2209

Photo

A Trip Back In Time

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
3 replies to this topic

offline trevinho

trevinho
  • Reserves
My other half was looking for something the other day, and came across what may be described as a historical curiosity - a copy of the programme for the league match against Wycombe Wanderers in January 1987. Quite asides from the fact the referee was Graham Poll and one of the linesmen was Andy D'Urso (which is, in a way, quite disutrbing), there all manner of other interesting titbits of information. Consider the following (taken from the "Non-League News" section)...

"A spectator had to be removed the crowd at Stevenage Borough's New Year's Day game at Boreham Wood. The spectator, believed to be supporting Stevenage, was persuaded to leave the ground by the prompt action of Boro vice-chairman Ken Vale and vice-president George Clarke after an incident involving linesman Mr Terry Barnes of Leighton Buzzard. Said Mr Barnes afterwards, "This man came up behind me and then ripped the county badge off my linesman's uniform. I immediately attracted the referee's attention". Referee Mr Nigel Ludlow of Hayes said he would be reporting the incident to the Vauxhall-Opel League".

Playing Wycombe in the League (Yeovil away the week before, in caseyou were wondering), Stevenage playing in a league below us - those were the days...

Consider this team line-up...

1. Mark Pearson
2. Sreve Oliver
3. Roy Davies
4. Alan Paradise
5. John Lacy
6. John Watt
7. Mark Biggins
8. Mick O'Shea
9. Nigel Johnson
10. Rob Smale
11. Phil Driver
12. Noel Fletcher
14. Warren Kelly

WHat a team! Can't somebody bring them all out of retirement?

offline Colin Zeal EFM

Colin Zeal EFM
  • Youth Team Coach
Trev, do you have nothing betting to do at 1am than browse through archive non-league football programmes??

If you can't sleep, try m*sturbation - it works for me!!

offline trevinho

trevinho
  • Reserves
This may well be true, Paul, but where else would you learn the news that EFM defender Martin Chard played in the same football team as S Club 7 "star" Paul Catermole (St Albans City Under 10s, to be precise)?

offline Colin Zeal EFM

Colin Zeal EFM
  • Youth Team Coach
I was at Marlborough with both of them Ian. And am already well aware of the fact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus