Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The season so far and what's in store

Four games and no points. Somebody has got to say it. We need a new manager NOW. It's obvious that he is unable to attract the standard of player we need to get us out of this mess - if you have a good reputation as a coach it's surprising who will come - and we had to endure another round of baffling subsitutions and positional changes today. He might have got us into the Conference but I don't think he is up to it at this level.

Graham, have to admit the time for change is now! The destiny of our club ultimately lies with the Mgmt & Team performance. A good coach with excellent man management & motivational skills is essential for progression especially when finance & resources are limited. Yes, we would all like a few more classy players but the current squad could do a lot better if 'MANAGED.'

I watched the Reserves last Wed and the game ran the same as the 1st team. Good in parts, defended well, lack of attacking ideas and then self destruct with midfield going awol. The resulting endless pressure on defence eventually ending in defeat. Apart from Louis & Scott there's not much Conference quality/potential. And, what a huge difference between the two teams' mgmt, there was so much encouragement, praise and tactical awareness coming from the Hornchurch bench versus the virtual silence from ours!

Even with the injury problems last season, the team under achieved and should have finished mid table, at least! If you look at forthcoming fixtures we're likely to have, at best, 3 points be end of Sept with or without current mgmt. Let's use this time to bring in fresh blood before it is too late!!!

The club will not have a better opportunity again to progress and achieve div 3 status.

Also, not meaning to be critical towards the Supp Trust but shouldn't funds raised be used for more important things like better quality players /wages and not telephone systems & cans of paint. I'd prefer improvement priority to be on the pitch!

Come on the 'Fleet' we can do it!

wall.gif

If the trust was to pile the money into the wages/transfer fund , then things funded by the supporter trust will need to be funded by some other means.

Should the trust be piling money into the club or releiving the stresses of finances to the club by taking on small projects like painting,cleaning maintenance. I believe in the later of the two choices there.

As a side , has anyone thought of approaching a large paint manufacturer for paint for the stands/terraces etc in exchange for a large advert in the match program that could be funded by the trust.

And finally , what has the trust paid out towards so far. It will be good to know. I like many others are still on the fence regarding the trust , but am gradualy falling into their way of thinking.