Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Supporters Expectance Forum...13/09/03

I agree with the messages on here about supporting the team whilst the game is in progress as I was disappointed to hear some comments at the last match.

Therefore as a supporter who feels we need a managerial change in order to achive success I would like to announce a Supporters Expectance Forum.

The forum will be meeting in the Plough public house at about 1.30 on 13th September for the home match against Leigh RMI. This is for all supporters regardless of where you stand on the Ford staying or going debate. If you choose not to attend then that's fine although please be aware that as GNFC supporters we are all allowed an opinion and by not being there yours may not be heard or considered. If you feel that these meeting is in oposition to other various supporters groups and you would rather not attend, then that is also fine although I would urge you to try and make it as a fair debate is only fair if all parties are present. All our aim is is too try and get a little bit of unity amongst supporters in the ground, whilst deciding on which plan of action to take away from it.

Thanks and see you there...

Does this mean that we are going to discuss our club matters in public? I agree it is a good idea to hear all points of view, it is just the venue that bothers me. If it develops into an anti, pro Ford debate then this could be very degrading and humiliating if people outside the club have access to it. This does not mean that I think it is a bad idea, just I would prefer it to be where only our supporters or others of the club have access to what goes on at the Fleet.

I'm not sure what sort of action could be taken at this point in the proceedings, with opinions so split and all that but hell, fair play, mate. It's a chance for an independent view even if just used to gauge the feeling of supporters without PC's. However, I also hold reservations about the venue, unless we can get a bar to ourselves.......or sit in the garden.....Always try the Coopers or The Rose if the landlords/landladies agree ( they should be asked first out of courtesy). Too many away supporters in the Plough........or then again it is Leigh RMI, isn't it!!

Unsure about the Plough as a venue for the meeting, but I understand that as this meeting is at this stage independent of the Supporters Association, and the supporters association have avoided this issue then choices of venue are somewhat limited. As it has come to the point that certain sections of our supporters feel the need to vent their anger and frustration in the stadium during the match then the topic can't be ignored any longer. Regardless of your stance on the situation, the volume of messages relating to the subject on this forum alone means that the subject has proved quite a talking point.

If anyone has any better ideas about how to address this issue then please post them on here any try to get something organised. Otherwise we could find ourselves in the situation where in a week or two messages are being posted on here condemning people who are booing, whistling or slow clapping during the match.

This meeting is apparently indepenent of everything so total freedom of speach is the order of the day, it would seem. And rightly so. A pub of any description is far from an ideal venue but seeing as that's the only establishment, apart from the ground, you'll get any Fleet fans congregate in any sort of number, then that'll have to do!!

If someone independent of the supporters association tried to organise a more formal meeting for fans in a hall or clubhouse then it may not get many people attending, because some on here may ignore it and others may not hear about it. At least the Plough is guaranteed to be full with supporters before kick-off and many of these may get involved with discussions if they see it taking place or leaflets being distributed or whatever is being planned.

Quote:
ChubbyJim said:
All our aim is is too try and get a little bit of unity amongst supporters in the ground, whilst deciding on which plan of action to take away from it.

Thanks and see you there...

Sorry Chubby Jim i cant see that this will have any effect either way. Are we all going to go down there and decide whether to sing Andy Fords red and white army or boo Andy continuously for 90 minutes and chant Ford out?? Your actions will have absolutely zero effect im afraid except create animosity, because the Ford in out debate as i see it is a 50-50 split. I have favoured a change of manager on the grounds that we have miss managed a lot of things since the end of the season but what are you expecting to achieve? As it stands at the moment Andy will not be sacked as he has the boards support. If we are getting little investment from board level how high can we realistically achieve. Ill give Andy his dues, every time he speaks he speaks well and DOES know the teams limitations but if he has 2 bob to spend you have to expect we´re gonna sign monkeys. Lets face the real facts, the Hatch money as i see it is not being fed to strengthen the team properly more used to clear debts. Its the board who we should be having a fans session with not Andy Ford. Its very easy to put the fans frustration on the manager but ultimately do we need to look at the club at board level? Lets use a little common sense before we all start singing Andrian Pennock for player manager and all the other dross. If we are still rock bottom after 15 games then Andy should go but despite feeling that things have gone stale he is our best manager ever deserves the chance to pull things around with the 2 bob that he has to spend. And 27 games would still give us enough chance to get out of trouble should it come to it.

As someone who is going to be in the Plough too see what it's all about, I wasn't expecting to go along and agree to sing pro or anti-Andy Ford songs - that simply ain't gonna happen.

The point that needs to be highlighted is that a united front 'getting behind the team' needs to be formed. It's taken the club enough time to get to the Conference so let's make sure that we get more than two seasons out of it. The situation does look pretty bad, but let's not make it worse by singing 'We want Ford Out', or 'Sack the Ford' during the match.

All I'm saying is bring as many mates along as possible, spend a few quid in the club bar, have a few drinks and whatever you sing make sure it's a song backing the team. If the main reason why Andy is struggling is purely financial let's buy that extra drink and make sure a few extra mates do the same, I know it's only a little contribution but I suppose every little helps an all that…

I know the standard of football ain't the best at the moment, and the team ain't pulling out results like 5-2 to Scarborough and 4-1 at Barnet, but it's been worse, and if the fans stay away and deny the club the entrance fee and other monies then we'll be back there and moaning about what we onnce had.

The point is it's better to voice your opinions in the Plough than within earshot of the players. And unless something is organised than that's exactly what's gonna happen!

Stay away if you want, but you really should voice your opinion.

You've had some knocking, Carlos, but I'd pretty much go along with what you say, here.

As long as we can be guaranteed that:

(i) some degree of organization is agreed beforehand, so it isn't a shouting match

(ii) we agree to behave in a civilized way, which includes respecting other people's right to their own opinion, while agreeing to differ

(iii) it is established that, whatever the consensus of opinion on the effectiveness of the Board or Management, we will not allow this to spill over into a concerted attempt to undermine the efforts or morale of the players on the park

(iv) absolutley no organizing one's mates, who've seen 3 Fleet games between them, to turn up as "rent a mob" - it has to be an absolutely fair representation of supporters

(v) the landlord of The Plough, himself a Fleet supporter, is informed & consulted

Then I will ensure that I am there & will be happy to put across my views, for what they are worth.

I won't attend a lynch mob hearing, but I'm all for open, "vigorous" discussion. Let's get it organized, agree basic "rules" and ensure that all those who really care about the Fleet attend. It's no good if a significant section boycott it. That suits nobody.

Graham S

Surely this sort of thing,if it must take place, should be via The Supporter's Trust / Association?

It's a shame the landlord of the pub will gain more in takings than the club will gain out of it all.....

.....funny how the board and Andy were the toast of all of you when gaining promotion yet already you are all throwing in the proverbial towel!

I agree with you on this one Super Daz - the fact that Andy has come forward and already conducted one session with the supporters, and proposes to do more (as I understand it) should mean that a natural forum exists for those people who think he should go, to voice their concerns, and raise questions of the manager and/or board.

I wonder how many of those calling for "Ford Out" actually even attended the first forum last week? Not too many, I suspect.

And, I must admit that I wasnt there, as I was on holiday at the time, but based on the info already noted on this forum, there have been many issues at the club, including the financial constraints, that have affected our ability to attract players.

Passing on comments supposedly made by Jimmy Jackson after he left, as someone did in a previous thread seemed out of order to me - whilst these things should not necessarily be swept under the carpet, was there any need to name Jacko? And as the comments were passed on by someone other than Jacko, whose to say they were accurate and equally that they were not taken out of context?

I agree with some previous posts that it would be better to have this discussion in the clubhouse to give the bar takings to the club but such a discussion is unlikely to receive much official support or sanction.

I assume someone will be happy to lead the discussion to give it some structure but the proposals so far seem to be fairly practical given the match opposition and location of the venue. We don't have anything to lose and I am sure it will make us feel better.

I t seems to me this is a 'get it off your chest' exercise, which maybe is no bad thing. It's totally independent of the club, Trust, whatever, just you & your own personal views, supporters getting together to share their hopes & concerns. There will be another official forum in the coming month with, I would imagine, Andy or even Brian so that's the place to be if you want real answers to your questions.

Yeah I know it would be better to have the meeting in the clubhouse with Andy and other faces there, but as this is an Indipendant Supporters forum, and the Supporters Association are clearly ducking the issue then there ain't a lot of choice is there?

Like I said this ain't a formal thing, It's just a bit of a get together that's all. Not everyone has had the chance to attend forums in the past, but this is on a match day, there won't be much of an away following and it's not a formal meeting. If people would rather meet in the clubhouse then fine let's do it but I'm only trying to get something organised, and trying to unite fans in support of the team as opposed to divide them with different chants inside the stadium.